Got poor tired razors? I need help with project.

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Tforc, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Bryan,

Next month some time, I'll buy the Stainless Steel color for you if you'll do a razor in it for me. I'm curious to see what the Stainless Steel color looks like on a razor and how well it stands up. You of course can keep the remaining color to use on other razors.

2. Tforc

Tforc Member

Stainless

http://www.molyresin.com/pictures.asp fourth pic down shows a stainless and black gun.
    Willing to try the stainless with no media blasting. Or we can wait till i get ot try on franken razor then on your project?

Cheers
    B

3. IAmTheJody

Ahh.. so it's really gray and not stainless...

4. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

Jody,

I was thinking it looked more like a flat or semi gloss stainless.

5. IAmTheJody

Kind of hard to tell really without a bigger picture. Just looks like a flat gray to me. :)

6. Tforc

Tforc Member

stainless

I think the pic is not very good the flat black looks different also or its just my comp. will try to locate a better picture.:sick007
    B

7. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

The color description from the John Norrell Arms website says:

8. Tforc

Tforc Member

Found new Pic John Norrell Moly resin

Found one of stainless with better lighting. Whew someone trusts it on his 4k gun.
    B

Attached Files:

9. Tforc

Tforc Member

Franken razor

So i got this franken razor to try something with (Thanks Moe) it has a cracked handle and the ends were off so i soldered it all cleaned it up prepped it and shot it with the flat black.
    Gave it a spin with Tet-a-Tet (Thanks To the Russian connection and all involved in getting it) I must say i like my fat boy but this little razor does alright.
    Now the dilemma did i get the best shave so far from the razor, the Tet? I also was an idiot and didn't take pics of before but Moe knows how bad this was and now i have different razor to use (thanks Moe).
    B:eek:
    Thanks shave Den
    PS Thought My Russian Mig clock was appropriate.

Attached Files:

10. Tforc

Tforc Member

NEXT!!!

Got mail today with next finish canidate pics below all in great shape. Will get started cleaning and prepping in bit. Thanks GDCarrington pm sent.

Attached Files:

11. Moe

Moe Active Member

Can't wait to give the long comb a spin ( I tentatively have a name planned for it, but must hold before I can officially name it :cool: ). I also really like the way that stainless finish looks.

12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

You got a PM back with the go ahead.

Hope to see before and after pictures soon.

GDCarrington

13. Moe

Moe Active Member

Razor in hand (from this point forward I will call it the "Black Opps" long comb). Looks / feels great. I don't expect i'll have time tomorrow morning to take photos, so here it is loaded with a Feather ready to go for tomorrow morning. Can't wait. Great job Tforc! :eatdrink004

P1000850.jpg

14. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I received the Black Mamba (contract tech) last night. It looks great and feels like a nice smooth finish. I won't be using it until Monday as it is an unofficial SE week. Its too bad 1912 Gems have too many hidden spots to get into to sand for this to work. Maybe in the future.

15. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

That really looks cool! Especially with the razor blade in it.

16. Tforc

Tforc Member

GDCarrington razor DONE!!!

GDCarrington generously gave me the go on trying something off kilter hope he likes it, If not I can fix it. Top done in flat black, base polished think it is brass i buffed the brown coating off buffed up to mirror shine will probably tarnish over time. Handle i removed the brown coating and buffed toped it with black buffed bottom end.:eek:
    Pm sent GDCarrington.
    B

Attached Files:

17. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

My shave was off with the SE this morning so after a 3 pass shave I didn't feel close enough. I grabbed the Black mamba which was loaded and waiting and wow. The coating sure changed the feel and sound of the razor. It worked just as well as it did before, but it had a better feel to it and the sound was different. The sound was less metallic, if that makes any sense...
    :D

18. Tforc

Tforc Member

Good to hear your Black mamba is in service

So it shaves good. The coating is Moly resin designed to have lube proprieties, i wonder if that means it also works with faces and shave cream and soap. i also smoothed the top with 1500 grit. The sound difference i did notice on the franken razor but thought it was just me and inexperience. Wonder what Moe will think when he shaves with his?
    B

19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That looks great! I am glad that this was able to work out so well.

Can you take a pic with the entire razor facing so that we can see the perspective view?

PM Sent!

20. Moe

Moe Active Member

I agree! Great feel, great grip, same great shave. I don't know if I can say it sounded different, but great shave!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.