Got poor tired razors? I need help with project.

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Tforc, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moe

Moe Active Member

BTW, love that blk/gold look.

2. Tforc

Tforc Member

How about this view?

This is another view i took but the razor is in usps hands, hope this helps.
    B

Attached Files:

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That is excellent. I wanted everyone to see what it looked like from the side view to get better perspective. Thanks again.

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

That is cool looking!

5. smitty

smitty Member

wow your doing some great looking work there :happy096

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I used the Black Mamba tech to finish up the last two days and it was the star today.

The coating does not affect the shave at all - it was a superb shave.
    It has a better grip. Yay!
    I still say that it sounds different.

Thanks!

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Razor Received

Bryan,

The razor arrived today and you see pictures, but they don't do this justice.
    It is much better in person! Excellent work on this! Thanks and PM sent.

Here is a quad view of the razor.

Attached Files:

youngunn likes this.
  8. Tforc

Tforc Member

Yes another razor rescued

Quote:The razor arrived today and you see pictures, but they don't do this justice.
    It is much better in person! Excellent work on this! Thanks and PM sent.

You sir are very welcome. It is so nice to see a razor back in action out of the junk box.
    B:D

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Now that looks cool!

Well done, Tforc :happy088:happy088

10. Tforc

Tforc Member

Thanks for all the encouraging words and NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the next candidates before and after pics. The fat handle comb came out great it is close to What Moe has but i think the head is different, smoothed the head with 1500 grit just like all the others.
    The second set is a str8 it was a little bit harder. i buffed and cleaned out all the rust smoothed out some rough spots. The coating didn't seem to want to stick so well, when i get a air eraser and some fine grit it should work great. I didn't have a strop to test it on so i don't know how durable it will be with daily stropping.
    Thanks Jeff for letting me try on your str8. Let us know how it does when you get it finish honing and putting scales on.
    B:eek:

Attached Files:

11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Good job. They are looking good.

If you tape the spine for honing, I bet the coating will last quite a while.

12. Tforc

Tforc Member

yup

I hope he tapes the spine when he hones, I am just curious about it lasting with stropping guess we will see.
    B:sick007

13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

How does it hold up on firearms in and out of leather holsters? I imagine it would probably be the same type wear patterns.

14. Tforc

Tforc Member

I have got to go to bed

I must be loosing it, Of course it holds up very good on firearms and in places where much more pressure and sliding is happening. I guess i am concerned about the prep being so smooth it might not have gotten the ultimate adhesion.
    Thanks PanChango
    Bryan

15. stingraysrock

Looks great Bryan! I can't wait to try them out! I kind of figured the engraving would have been covered up so the fact you can still see it is a double bonus!

16. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

Those ALL look great! I'm glad you can still see the writing on the str8!

Has anyone tried using powder coat? I'm looking at getting a powder coat system and wondered how it would work. There's lot's of colors available now, and I know it would be durable.

17. NoahG

NoahG Member

These keep getting better and better!

18. neanderthal

neanderthal Member

Its like a tactical DE razor for situations requiring light and glare discipline. I love it:D

19. Tforc

Tforc Member

thought about it

I was talking to a bud at work about coatings his only concern with the powder coating would be the tiny recessed areas being to thick to allow function. But on the 3 piece don't see why not it might raise the blade hight change the shave a little. The moly coating is very thin if memory serves as little a .0009 to as thick as .003 all depends how many layers you put down. I have been averaging 3 very light coats then some touch up coats. I even screwed up one was smoothing with sand paper went right through the coating, the good thing with this stuff you can sand it smooth air brush on a coating and bake it all over presto good to go. I now smooth with 1500 grit.
    B:D

20. stingraysrock

I am very comfortable in saying that the results have exceeded everyone's expectations!

Great Job Bryan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.