Grandstaff Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by SHAVEWIZARD420, Mar 9, 2017.

1. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I guess Grandstaff opened up shop again and is now back to making soaps. They come in a huge 8oz tin and I believe they are still offering free shipping. Ordered the Arymis scent a few days ago. Is there anyone out there that has tried this soap? If so what is your favorite scent? How is the performance?

2. SHAVEWIZARD420

No one has tried this soap? People used to rant and rave about this stuff, but not a while lot of info about favorite scents. Any information would be appreciated.

Shaver X and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

4. SHAVEWIZARD420

I appreciate it, there was a little information in there. Also found a couple u tube videos.

Grandstaff did post saying they were back in business, but the last post was in 2016. I sent him a email a few days ago but havent heard back yet. there are 2 separate websites to order soap and several email addresses so I wanted to make sure I ordered from the right place and that it wasn't just a limited run. He can take all the time he needs to make/cure the soap, I just want to make sure I didn't paypal the money to an inactive account or there was a Limited run of soap or something like that goin on.

crackstar likes this.
  5. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I have not heard of Grandstaff before, and would also like to know how it performs and hear an opinion on the scent. Since you ordered this soap recently, please do post a review when you try it out. I look forward to your thoughts and observations, especially given your considerable experience with wet shaving.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and crackstar like this.
  6. SHAVEWIZARD420

Ok so after some time went by, I sent Grandstaff a email with no response. The good news is the other day I recieved email from PayPal saying they refunded my money, so I didn't have to jump thru any hoops. Was concerned since Grandstaff 's Facebook page hadn't had any new posts since last year, so it appears it must have been a very short limited soap run.

The thing that upset me the most is that none of the soaps on the website say sold out or any info pertaining to no more production. Plus the paypal went thru so everything apeared to be normal. I have no problem waiting patiently for a product, even if it takes a while, but if there is no product available you have to let people know.

I would still like to try Grandstaff soaps, so if anyone has any they would be willing to trade/sell please let me know.

7. SHAVEWIZARD420

I did in fact get a response from Grandstaff so I want to publicly opologize for the above post. I apparently wasn't paying attention and reading the entire email. Grandstaff did make right by my order and a feel like an idiot for posting too soon, so I apologize Travis and I appreciate you refunding the money and still shipping the soap, I have been wanting to try your soap since I first started wet shaving and you went way beyond my expectations. Thank you sir. I will post a review of my thoughts once I've had a few shaves with the soap, hopefully I can bring more attention to this artisan and make up for any negative consequences.

8. SHAVEWIZARD420

Ok so have been shaving with Grandstaff soap for 3 consecutive shaves. It was enough time to get to know this particular soap and post some thoughts.

Scent: the scent of Amyris reminds me a bit of B&M 42 but not exactly. I pick up incense mixed with a light floral. Usually I'm not a big fan of floral scents, but this is not a typical floral, actually more of a Sandalwood incence. Very well blended indeed. He also included a smaller tub of Spicy Vetiver which has a peppery green scent, the closest thing I could compair it to would be Mickey Lee Reunion, but this is a lot stronger scent than Reunion, but a spicy peppery scent.

Presentation: it comes in a large 8oz tin that is nice and wide, easier to load from than most tubs. Filled to the brim and has a nice label that appears to be waterproof.

Performance: I would not just say positive things due to the circumstances, rather be an honest review. I have been very impressed with this soap. Whips up a lather quickly and can hold a lot of water so you can have a sticky lather or a fully hydrated lather. Slickness was great but not too slick since I didn't drop the razor or brush, just the right amount. The lather it makes is rather thick with good cushion. To put it simply, I traded my B&M 42 but this one is staying in the den.

I will try to take some lather shots since they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Thank you again Grandstaff for getting back in the soap game once again and everything. Glad to have had a chance to aquire some of this soap and will use it proudly.

Phone is acting up and is slow, but will go try to get a few lather shots.

9. SHAVEWIZARD420

20170322_210605.jpg
    20170322_210631.jpg

20170322_210605.jpg

Took some pics of lather on face, both sticky and fully hydrated but can't get them to load properly. This was after I loaded it with plenty of water. Just a small dab in the bowl whipped up all this creamy lather, so the big tin should last a very long time. Super stoked to have this stuff in the den, and luckily have had no burning from either scent. Post shave is nice and soothing as well.

Attached Files:

brit and ninjack like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

my tin of spicy vetiver just showed in the mail,only ordered a week before.they also sent a decent sized sample of another scent.both smell really nice.can t wait to try them.