Grey Flannel, and a burberry question

Discussion in 'Scents' started by aberneth, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne New Member

Am I the only person that can not stand Grey Flannel? It almost starts a gag reflex in me. I never buy kind of designer fragrances, got it as a gift and was kind of excited and then I opened it; brutal. Of course scent is so subjective: I guarantee that I love some that others hate. Just something about it I dislike very much. Anyone else?

2. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

I think it's great to see some of these older threads revived, but the thread you're replying to is over 5 years old and the person you quoted hasn't been on in more than 4 years, so don't hold your breath waiting for him to reply ;)

3. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne New Member

Thank you for the policing of the older threads. I just started commenting and didn't even notice dates. Thank you for helping me see the error in my ways.

4. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

When you comment on a thread, it moves it to "New Posts", so it was on the top of my page. Just trying to help a new member out, that's all.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I was given Grey Flanel as a gift from my X brother-in-law. I don't remember disliking it, but I felt it wasn't something I'd wear daily. I think it was too "fancy" for me.

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Grey Flannel is one of the "Great Classic" men's fragrances, how can you not like it?

I can't stand the stuff, or Halston Z-14, or Polo Green...all "Classic" scents. I do like Knize Ten, though.

7. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Send me all your Grey Flannel. I love it, and the wife does, too.

Masonjarjar likes this.
  8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    My brother likes it, too. He had first dibs. He also likes (read: his wife likes) something called Adidas Sport.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Somebody told me that Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo smells like Grey Flannel. Could that be true?

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I've been caught doing that.

11. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

Men often don't understand why people like this scent but among all the colognes and aftershaves I have it's one of the few that has gotten actual compliments from ladies.

Spyder likes this.