Has Anyone Had this happen?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Col C, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

I could buy that reasoning. It's so easy to get razor blades at Walmart or something like that though.

2. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

http://www.polsilver-blades.com/

"With great regret, we would like to inform you that the rumors about End of production of Polsilver Super Iridium is true. Our information is that they are not in production as of mid-September. To be able to keep PSI blades in the market as long as possible, we will stop wholesales and prices will be gradually increased over time."

Col C likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

It might also have to do with something along the lines of a bulk blade shipment being considered like mailing a bowie knife. In other words, a potential weapon.

As I now recall, when I ordered bulk SE blades (200 of them) from a known vendor, they called me first (before shipping) to verify that I was an adult. It may also be since I was ordering as an individual and not a company via purchase order.

Matt0210 likes this.
  4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I'd give the vendor the benefit of the doubt. I've done business with maybe a couple dozen wet shaving vendors worldwide. Best I could tell, most were mom and pop operations, and I've always been treated exceedingly well. It's very likely your vendor's intentions were good and/or they've been burned recently. If you asked, I'm sure they'd tell you why they did this. I'm glad you got things squared away. Enjoy your new Polsilvers. I just got some myself and will try them out shortly.

FWIW, I have ordered blades in bulk several times from different vendors and never had a problem or even a follow-up contact before shipping like some have mentioned.

5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I just purchased 400 Polsilvers from this vendor at a great price. Just got 'em. No problem whatsoever. :)

6. '65 G-Slim

Current price for that quantity is $68. I think that's better than anyone on ebay is selling them for.

Edit: So much for my NB'17. I just ordered 200. :p

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Screwtape and wristwatchb like this.
  7. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

Personally, I would be glad they canceled. Because they asked what you intended to use them for, if for no other reason. None of their business what you intend to do with 1000 blades. In fact, I would probably have canceled the order when I read the email. That's just me tho. Making sure the order is legit is OK, just don't be nosey when doing it. It's blades for heavens sake, not cruise misses.

Power of the consumer, sir. There are lots and lots of places for you to turn $200 into those exact same blades....but there is only 1 place they can turn their razors into $$$.

I would like to know who it is tho, shoot me a PM. You may save ol LOOT an unsatisfying interwebs transaction.

8. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

.20 each does seem a bit steep. I've not priced Polsilver tho.

9. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I just ordered 200 Polsilver Super Iridium from another vendor (not the one that cancelled my order). It was $64 for the 200 blades. That range seems to be the going price right now. It will go up for sure as time goes by and inventories get smaller.

10. '65 G-Slim

Try A Blade has Polsilver SI for .75 a blade. I paid about .18 each.

11. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

West Coast Shaving, Small Flower, and a couple others all are in the $32 to $35 range for 100 blades. Anything under that is a good buy right now.

12. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

Apparently the Polsilver is being replaced by the Gillette Platinum. Have you tried both? Anyone compare them? I think the GPs are great blades.

13. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Have not tried them yet.

14. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

As my good friend Bugs Bunny would say: "What a maroon."