Has Anyone Tried Dr. Carver's Pillowy Shave Lather from Dollar Shave Club?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by LSUfanBR, Aug 19, 2017.

1. LSUfanBR

LSUfanBR Well-Known Member

I've used the Shave Butter before and found it to be decent, but while browsing their website last night I noticed they now have a cream called Dr. Carver's Pillowy Shave Lather which they are marketing to brush users as well as those who use their hands. It contains a 4 oil blend, aloe leaf juice, boerhavia diffusa root, peppermint oil & extract, oat extract, & green tea extract. Has anyone tried this stuff? Here is the description from the website:
    • Rich, extra thick formula for ultimate comfort
    • 4-oil blend helps deliver a protected glide
    • Gentle peppermint tingle cools & soothes
    • Best with a shave brush if you’ve got one
    • Don’t sleep on this
    dsl-4z-current.png

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  2. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

This sounds nice. I tried to buy just their shave butter and aftershave, but they won't sell them individually unless you are a member. And that was the end of that idea!

LSUfanBR likes this.
  3. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I've tried it. It's OK, but many better creams are out there for less money. For widely available alternatives, I'd recommend Pacific Shave Co. (available at CVS or Target) or CO Bigelow (available at Bath & Body Works).

EnglishChannel and LSUfanBR like this.
  4. LSUfanBR

LSUfanBR Well-Known Member

I did not know that.

5. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

I have this cream I even wrote a review on here somewhere about it but the TLDR version is it’s nice and feels great postshave but it’s not the most protective cream out there at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

LSUfanBR likes this.