Has anyone used Shave Secret?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by UnklGus, May 24, 2009.

1. UnklGus

UnklGus Member

I bought this little bottle of Shave Secret,It is an oil that you massage into your skin, about 6 months ago. Long before I had ever given wetshaving a thought. At that time I was using the Sheick Quatro still. I was not impressed with the Shave Secret along with the Quatro, but recently I got to thinking that It may prove worthy of using while wetshaving..... just a thought.

I was just wondring if this is used at all for wetshavers?

And if so what is the best way to use it?

Thanks
    Gus

2. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

I have used Shave Secret as a pre-shave oil and it works.

3. ateace

ateace Member

I picked up a bottle many years ago to try as a travel shave option. I used wayyy too much and hated it.

During the past winter, I used it as a pre-shave and applied Lucky Tiger Molle over it. My shaves were great.

Then I tried shaving without using SS a a pre-shave and my shaves didn't suffer.

My opinion is that they don't hurt, but they may not help all that much, either.

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I have seen shave oil before but have been a little warry of using an oil of any sort be it shave secret or another brand. I am interested in hearing forum members opinions on both the original question and on shave oils to begin with.

5. onadraw

onadraw New Member

I've been using Shave Secret Shave Oil for a few days.

I searched the Forums and I see that some people like Shave Oil and some don't but I just wanted to post that Shave Secret has been nothing less than Life Changing for me.

I tried it alone and also under Proraso Shave cream in a 40's SuperSpeed and with a Tech. Used an Iridium Blade.

I've had the best shaves of my life these last few days. Smooth, Irritation Free. No Blood. Its been amazing for me.

6. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Shave Secret, or any shave oil helps me when I need a quick shave as I can rub it on and my prep is done rather than keeping my face wet for 5 minutes. If I have time to prep. or shave after my shower per my normal routine, I find it does nothing. Obviously YMMV, and with shave oils opinions vary widely.

7. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

I've used a couple of bottles of SS. I think it works as it was intended as a shaving oil just fine. I just use 5-6 drops in my hand with water and on a wet face and shave. As stated it works as a prep oil and also for touch ups in case you missed a area after your shave is complete.

8. greenhorn

greenhorn New Member

I use Pacific Shaving oil occasionally. I rub a small amount onto my wet face let it sit for a minute then rub on some water with my hand before shaving. The last step with the water makes a BIG difference for me.

9. greenhorn

greenhorn New Member

I can't edit my post from my blackberry. I realize PS oil may be different but I imagine it is similar in use.

10. rkelmy

rkelmy New Member

I really enjoy Shave Secret. My typical routine is to use Pacific Oil as a pre-shave oil and then use SS as my last / buffing pass oil. After I finish my shave I walk out to the fridge to retrieve a cold bottle of water to finish things up and I enjoy the cool feeling I get from SS.

11. thatguyjeff

thatguyjeff New Member

I too use it as a PS oil. I like the sandalwood scent too.