Hat suggestions

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by trey06dmd, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Untrue as phrased. Last time they won a Division Championship was 2008; I'm reasonably sure women were allowed to vote in that election. They were National League Champions in 1945, when - again - women had the right to vote.

None of which makes a difference regarding whether the pinstripe uniform itself looks good, goes well with its hat, or helps the OP, of course.

txskimo likes this.
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Ok, I guess semantics are in order. The last time they won a World Series Championship, not a national league or division.... But whatever.

Im done.

Take care shave den.

txskimo likes this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Maybe this is obvious, but I am going to say it anyway. Since you want a hat that will look good with a suit & tie, wear a suit & tie, when you go to the hat store.

4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

:smiley respect: Best answer.
    ROFLMAO :happy096: :happy097: :happy102: :happy108::happy093::shocked002: :shocked003: :shocked029: :signs011: :signs021: :signs136:

5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Navy blue pin stripes, lt blue shirt, proper tie and kerchief; plus the appropriate hat: a gray felt Trilby with leather band (approx $250); brown hat in photo. Walking cane is optional.

[​IMG] SafariScreenSnapz017.jpg

trey06dmd, PatrickA51 and Bird Lives like this.
  6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Actually I believe my man Kevin has hit the proverbial nail on the head....:happy096:

With a Navy Blue suit, it's gonna be Grey or Brown, Trilby or Fedora, some consider them the samething, but you know what I mean....That beautiful Lock & Co. Trilby Kevin attached would work perfectly...And I think it's a good tip to stay with a quality furfelt....And the good advice above about going to a hat shoppe is, very good advice indeed...Even if only to see what size hat you wear and how tall a crown and how wide a brim work for your head and face shape...So like Steve said, take someone you trust, and who is style savvy...and if you are married, definitely take your wife...

Armed with the essential information...
    1. Your hat size
    2. Brim width
    3. Crown highth

You can either get something at the hat shoppe you are at or you can order on-line....I ordered a Lock & Co. Sandown Trilby from Brooks Bros. That I wear with my Navy Suits and I love it....But I knew my size and I knew what style fedora or trilby work for me....After that, just make sure the fur-felt quality is there...A high quality fur felt well made hat like a Lock & Co., Borsalino, or the new Stetsons for that matter, also Akubra...these hats if taken care of will last several life-times and keep you warm, dry, and in style while doing so....
    image.jpg image.jpg
    Either of these would work...The brown one on the left is thought of as a trilby more often than not and the Dark Blue one on the right as a 2" brim fedora....although, it's a matter of semantics what you call them. Just find out if you look better with a larger crown with no taper (straight up sides) or a smaller crown with a little taper....and a stingy or narrow brim vs wide brim...

Get your hat size in cm. while at a hat store so there can be no room for error...Then when you order check this chart as England, France, The rest of Europe and the U.S. Have different hat sizes...But this chart makes it easy....And if you do order a hat from Brooks Bros. It doesn't matter where its made, they are all in U.S. Sizes...Thats a good thing to ask from whichever store you order from....
    image.jpg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015