Have the ladies in your lives converted from cart shaving?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by SharptoothC, Mar 3, 2017.

1. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

[​IMG]

I'm curious...What do the ladies in your lives shave with? My wife is a cart shaver, and I have been trying to convert her to DE/Injector wet shaving. It's mostly selfish...If I can get her into soaps and blades, we can place orders together instead of me having to save money into my PayPal. The learning curve isn't something she wants to tackle yet. She is where I was a year ago: shaving being a chore to get done as quickly as possible instead of a chance to relax and pamper yourself a bit.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

sdguero, Hodge, twhite and 3 others like this.
  2. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

My wife is terrified of using a DE razor, do I don't think I'll ever convert her. But, she had noticed how much better get shaves are when I whip up some Mike's Hungarian Lavender and apply it to her legs for her. They are noticeably smoother after.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

sdguero, twhite, RaZorBurn123 and 2 others like this.
  3. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Both my wife and my daughter use a DE razor, and Razorock Plissoft brush, as of a few months ago. They also use creams and croaps. My wife currently has three creams in the corner of the shower; Captain's Parallel 45, TOBS grapefruit and TOBS coconut (the coconut arrived this week). Both tell me the shaving creams feel better on their legs than canned stuff.

I purchased each of them a Parker 29L, primarily to save money. My wife got the hang of it quickly with only a nick or two during the first couple times, but my daughter has nicked herself a few times, even after a couple months of using a DE, on her knee or ankle, probably from rushing it.

Sent via mobile - Chris

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Try a Feather Popular. As mild as mild could ever be, plastic so it can just get left in the shower, and cheap as heck. My wife has been using one for a couple of years now. She uses a Trac II cart sometimes, but I notice that if she grabs a razor for the bathtub, it is always the Popular.

5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Once me wife saw me DE shaving she was interested. She said she used to use her dad's razor back in the day. I picked up a Fat Handle Tech, had it replated by RazorPlate and she's used it ever since. She tried an injector and didn't like it. She doesn't use any shaving soap as she shaves mostly in the tub or shower. She loves it.

HERM

sdguero, Hodge, twhite and 2 others like this.
  6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I bought my wife a Lady Gillette and a Schick Golden 500. She uses the Gillette the most and likes it. I also bought her a brush and some soaps. She is having fun..

sdguero, Fluffyskiador, Hodge and 3 others like this.
  7. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Same here. My wife also doesn't see the extra time needed as pampering and relaxing. She just sees it as making a chore take longer.

sdguero, SharptoothC, twhite and 2 others like this.
  8. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

So true, haha. I've watched my wife shave her legs....she wants to be finished as soon as possible. I don't push.....Happy wife, happy life

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

sdguero, SharptoothC, twhite and 2 others like this.
  9. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

+1

SharptoothC likes this.
  10. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Herself will only go as far as having me lather her legs with Trumper Rose Shaving Cream. She likes the smell. And when it runs out, I get to order a tub of it and something for me. Win-Win!

sdguero, Hodge, SharptoothC and 3 others like this.
  11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Mine either. She does use a brush and lather in the bath sometimes, but usually it's KMF while standing on her head in the shower. It amazes me how fast she can do it.

sdguero, SharptoothC and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

my wife has tried de shaving her legs a few times now but is experiencing more ingrown hairs as a result.she s a tough cookie and will soldier on but she may end up back on carts.

sdguero, SharptoothC and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

My Ex-wife had a bad teenage experience with a DE razor, but she enjoys the Lady Schick Hydromagic injector razor.
    My S.O. Lady Friend tried and likes a Lady Gillette DE. I picked up a spare so I could enjoy the Flare Tip head on the longer handle.

SharptoothC and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

No. Lasers....

SharptoothC, twhite and AGHisBBS like this.
  15. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Doing that on my scalp right now. Hopefully hers was less painful. :shocked003:

SharptoothC and Bama Samurai like this.
  16. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

My wife uses a 60s Lady Gillette DE. She was using Dr Jon's Aphrodite and Ginger's Garden Flower Grenade with a Stirling synthetic brush but has switched to Ladies Cremo brushless. My buddies wife switched too.

SharptoothC, twhite, RyX and 2 others like this.
  17. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Can't really say...I'll have to ask her. Last time I dated her was like 45 years ago. We just found each other again.

Eeyore, SharptoothC, twhite and 4 others like this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My wife isn't very hairy so no need to convert. She's more in the supply business.

19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice

SharptoothC, twhite and Bama Samurai like this.
  20. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Bought her a Gillette Starburst and she loves it. Now she's got an eye on my Schick J after she used it one time. Guess I'll have to find her a nice Lady Schick (K)............