HBG for men aftershaves - a mini review

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by McGrande, Nov 15, 2017.

1. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

My one weak spot in the wonderful world of wet shaving is aftershaves. I've settled on two razors, a handful of blades, couple soaps & creams, two brushes. But aftershaves! Can't get enough.

I received an order of HBG sandalwood and HBG Vermont AS splashes the other day and tried them out this week.
    First, the ingredients: (all natural)
    SD Alcohol 40
    Witch Hazel
    Aloe Vera
    Yarrow
    Calendula
    Chamomile
    Elder Flower Bay
    Rose Peppermint
    Lavender
    Lemon
    Essential Oils

I have a tough, wiry, 68 year old beard and even though I don't experience any irritation shaving every day, the soothing, post shave feel of the HBG AS is remarkable. I've used Proraso green balm and Thayer's witch hazel with aloe in the past and the HBG beats them both by a long shot. Even though they contain alcohol, there is zero burn....zero! They make a BBS shave UberBBS.

The scents are hard to describe. As with most AS splashes, the scent whilst in the bottle changes when applied to the skin. I am currently enjoying the Sandalwood. I'm no olfactory expert what with base notes and all that so I'll leave that up to others to describe, but I know what I like and these two hit the spot.

The price is surprisingly low compared to some other small batch producers too.

I suspect I'll be ordering some of the other flavors soon. (Key Lime, Florida, Bay Rum and unscented are also available.)

My only complaint is that they come in a 4oz bottle. A 12oz would be fine with me.

hbg.JPG

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  2. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review. I've not heard of the product before so it's fun to read about!