Hello from East Texas

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Razorhound, Nov 10, 2017.

1. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den from Southern Maryland.
    :signs046:

2. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

welcome @Razorhound from south of Saint Louis. Don’t feel too bad about the amount. I didn’t let the spouse know how much I was spending at first either, but we came to an agreement of I can spend as much as she does on those personal items and makeup is included in her $count, good thing she likes a kind of expensive brand for that so 25 razors and 4 brushes and a few soaps later and I still have not caught up to her. Even better though she loves that I shave regularly and how much smother my face is. So it’s a win win.

Yehuda D and GarnerPW like this.
  3. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

A Piney-rooter, eh? Austin here, but from the Coastal Prairie originally. Welcome!

Razorhound likes this.
  4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD! I'm in the Beaumont area.

Razorhound likes this.
  5. Razorhound

Razorhound Active Member

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome. I have been busy the last few days indulging my RAD. 50's GEM G BAR, 1918 old style open comb military issue and 1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable. All purchased individually for the price of a happy meal which makes me happy even if there are no prom queen mint examples among them. As well as a 48-50 Super speed for $20 in good to very good condition that a friend wished for, all from antique shops in local area. Oh and also my Semogue OC boar and Maseto 2-band badger that showed up yesterday.

Wife says I need counseling and that I might need to think about having contractor knock out the wall in my shave den and extend it further out in the yard if I dont slow down.

6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I don't know if you really NEED counseling, I think your doing fine, but improving and enlarging your den are great ideas, especially if the wife says its ok. :happy088: :happy093:

Razorhound likes this.
  7. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Welcome!

Razorhound likes this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Razorhound likes this.
  9. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Yes, yes, about this counseling idea...one of the surest ways to cure an obsession with objects is to completely separate yourself from them. Therefore, I suggest that you send your wonderful sounding collection to me in upstate NY. I promise to love them, feed them and take them out for walks. I'm more than happy to help.
    Welcome aboard...looking forward to you sharing shaving experiences here! 346x0f4.jpg

Razorhound likes this.
  10. Razorhound

Razorhound Active Member

Cure obsession.....completely separate yourself.....I feel like curling up in the floor in a fetal position even to contemplate this unimaginable trauma.....:shocked003:

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs046: @Razorhound from western NY, glad you decided to join us at TSD.

12. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Welcome! Used to fish on lake Palestine quite a lot in east Texas.

13. Razorhound

Razorhound Active Member

Palestine is a good consistent lake. It has never had the hype and reputation of Fork, Toledo Bend and Rayburn in their heydays but that is a good thing if you are a local.

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup. You're gonna fit in right nice 'round here!