Hello From Sierra Vista, Arizona

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Weasel640, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I am relativity new to this hobby. Been wet shaving with a Double Edge Safety razor since last December, or November (2016).

Lets see hardware, Razor wise: Van Der Hagen, Merkur 23C, Gillette Adjustable (Fat Boy), Gillette Slim, Gillette Super Adjustable (Black Beauty), Gillette TRAC II (Old Spice heavy brass version), Rockwell 6C, PAA Prismatic, PAA DOC, PAA Bakelite Alpha Ecliptic Slant
    I also have a few hand-me me downs that my Grand Father had left to my dad: Gillette Super Speed (Black Handle Flare Tip), Gillette Slim, and a Schick (looks like a Krona?, Black Flare Tip).

I'll add a brush list and software list later after this thread does or doesn't open up.

~Eric

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Shaving Den. Great to have you here.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @Weasel640

I hope you enjoy it here. Nice razor collection you have there. :happy088:

RyX likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  5. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you.

6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Welcome!

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Welcome to TSD...good to have you here. I already read your post on the "Aqua Velva Starting As A Mouthwash" controversy. I'm on your side on this-wish it began as the classic aftershave it is today. Your proof that it DID begin as that is impressive, more informative than the sources I read about it being a mouthwash first.

RyX likes this.
  8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

My grandmother lived in Bisbee, not far from you. One of my favorite places. Welcome.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

9. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Welcome aboard ! You have some very nice razors!

10. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!

11. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Welcome! I love your part of the country. Spent a few months out there, did some training on Ft. Huachuca. Went and climbed all through Coronado Caverns. One of my favorite parts of the country!

Welcome again. We have a great community here and a wealth of friendly shaving knowledge. I hope you enjoy it here.

12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

13. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Welcome from Central NJ @Weasel640. Sounds like you're set. Looking to up your game? Stop over to the 30 Day Rule/Focus thread. We're celebrating OCtober this month. Here's my razor for the month..
    IMG_0097.JPG Gillette NEW Short Comb ca. 1932-1940. My first fleamarket find.
    Come on in and take a load off.

RyX likes this.
  14. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to TSD Eric @Weasel640. That is a fine collection of usable vintage razors and some new gear, too. Looking forward to you sharing about brushes and soaps as well.
    I see you've already signed up for the Newbie Giveaway. Good luck in the drawing at the end of the month.

16. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den amigo... :signs046:

17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Eric, welcome to The Shave Den. You're off to a great start!

18. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

19. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

20. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I will try to address some of the questions I've seen here as time permits. But wow this is way more responses/welcomes in this short of a time than I imagined. So I'm sorry if I miss you.

It was late last night when I posted the above list. It looks like I forgot a few. So I edited the list and added them in. So for those who have already read the list here are the ones I Added: Gillette Adjustable (Fat Boy), Rockwell 6C, and Gillette TRAC II (Old Spice heavy brass version).

That last one leads me into one of my brushes: Old Spice Brush with the wood handle, rubber body (Dark Blue w/Old Spice Ship), and Boar Bristles. This came as a set with the Brass TRAC II, and a ceramic Stand made to hold both. I've used the razor only, and the three are on display in the Guest Bathroom.

Some of my other brushes include:
    -A Chrome Handled Pure Badger that came with the stand my wife got me for Christmas last year (came as a package w/the 23C Merkur),
    -RazoRock Plissoft IVORY 22mm Synthetic,
    -RazoRock "The Disruptor" 22mm Synthetic (Dark Horn version),
    -The Bluebeards Revenge Vanguard Synthetic,
    -Maggard Bronze 22mm Synthetic,
    -Two: Omega Natural Bristle (Boar) Black and Red SB-500 (mostly got them for the travel stand, now used w/the Bluebeards Revenge and Maggard),
    -Crown King "Dutchman" 24mm Duro Synthetic (Faux Ox Horn, Brown)
    -Crown King "Tali Long Rider" 26mm Suave Synthetic Early American Stain)
    -And two Avon Boar Bristle (I plan to put a Synthetic knot in one)

OK I think that's it... Needles to say I have gotten great results from the Synthetic brushes. At home my go to is either of the RazoRocks, and traveling/at work the Bluebeards Revenge and Maggard.

~Eric