Hello From Sierra Vista, Arizona

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Weasel640, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Hello from the other side of the world. Awesome to see an international involvement in the forum here.

Beautiful area out there. Haven't been there since before I moved away in 2012. Probably due to take a day trip out there soon.

It is beautiful out here, but can get scorching during the hotter months. Met my wife out here and was recently fortunate enough to move back for work (from North Carolina) this past May.

battle.munky and jmudrick like this.
  2. Weasel640

Currently my only Open Comb is the PAA DOC so that counts Doubly right? Unfortunately work interferes with the hobby somewhat.

When working I often have a short period to get washed up at work. For this my two go to Razors are the Slim and Black Beauty due to the fact they both have plastic cases that make them easy to toss in a travel bag. Both of those have the "Tech" style bar.

But when at home I often rotate through the DOC. Especially on the first day of the week to quickly lay waste to the weekend scruff.

That said I probably do need to add some more Open Comb Razors to the collection.

3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Love the Super Adjustable too. Here's my 1971 SA-109 with the R R date code...
    IMG_0244.JPG

4. Joachim

Joachim Well-Known Member

Greetings from Denmark......:signs046:

5. Weasel640

Mine is a Y-1 code from 1978, same as my birth year, near miss for the Quarter as I was born in May (I think you typo-ed your Quarter code). As I'm sure you know; that in 1977 they added the Black plastic base plate, so mine has that. As I understand it the term "Black Beauty" was originally exclusive to the Black handled Super Adjustable w/Black plastic plate, however may have become synonymous with all Black handled Super Adjustable....

I have a love/hate relationship with the audible feedback that this Razor gives. It's a good shaver, and has my favorite case. I wish I could buy this case separately in both long and short versions.

6. RetLEO-07

No typo on the date code. R R
    1971 was the only year it happened...
    IMG_0271.JPG

BamaT likes this.
  7. Weasel640

Interesting. Any clue what Quarter it actually was?

8. RetLEO-07

According to the Gillette Codes section of Razor Emporium it was 1st Quarter

9. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome .

10. Weasel640

Hello all and thanks for all the warm welcomes!

brit, AGHisBBS, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  11. Weasel640

Hello from across the pond.

12. Weasel640

As you can see from my profile pic, I do enjoy the classic Aqua Velva. I never really knew my Grand Father growing up, he passed away when I was young. But when I got into wet shaving this past year, the first 1976 bottle of Aqua Velva that I cracked open brought me back to the smells in my Grand Mother's bathroom. After that I started trying to learn and find what I could. I now have most of the classic Aqua Velva scents to include the pre-1940s style/scent.

Paul Turner likes this.
  13. Weasel640

Thanks much. I'm getting some use out of them. Some more than others now.
    I sure did. I've already got my eyes on the Havoc scented shave soap for if I win. I see in the Soap section that is highly recommended as an Aqua Velva scented soap.

Speaking of soaps I've been using Taylor Of Old Bond Street, the Jermyn Street Collection elusively at home since I got it in December. I'm just now getting the ring of death in that tub. I do have several others to try after it's gone, but wanted to see it through. While at work I've been using Taylor Of Old Bond Street tubes in Lemon/Lime and Musk. Both great scents and preform well. The tubes are very convenient to toss in my two rotating travel kits.

RyX likes this.
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

15. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Welcome to TSD from Oro Valley, AZ. Good to have you aboard in Cochise County. bravo.gif

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

17. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Welcome from South Dakota!

18. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hello and welcome!

19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs046: @Weasel640, glad you decided to join us at TSD. :D

20. BigMark83