Hello From Utah!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Timothy Hayes, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Timothy Hayes

Timothy Hayes Member

I am a new member to The Shave Den but have been reading articles and reviews for the last few months as I have started taking on Wet shaving with a DE. I have come to really enjoy wet shaving and now I don't get irritation, pulling, razor burn/bumps after I shave. Oh what a dream!

I have had the privilege thanks to a close friend, to try out a myriad of artisan shave soaps due to his PAD disorder. I find myself constantly being drawn back to the Shave soap I picked up from the local hand made soap maker that is just a short distance from my home. Sego Lily Shave soap. The shave soaps aren't listed on her website anymore but she does still carry a few scents in store which is great for me. I have loved the protection and slickness provided by this Natural Tallow Soap.

Currently the only razor I own is a Merkur 34C and it does me proud each and every shave and has been a great razor to learn with over the last 5 months. I ordered a Rockwell Model T and am trying to patiently await its arrival and hoping that it lives up to the reputation of the other Rockwell razors.

Currently my go to blades are Wilkinson Swords or Feather Hi-Stainless blades. I really enjoy the efficiency and sharpness of the Feather blades but I have also enjoyed the less harsh Wilkinson swords for my regular shaves.

Lastly I have started using and am beginning to love my Semogue 830 Boar hair brush. It has plenty of back bone, just enough splay, and is plenty soft enough for my semi sensitive skin. One of these days I hope to pick up an Envy, and or Kent brush but I feel I have time to get there.

I look forward to lots of years of great use from my shaving products and to continue learning from all the experience this site and all of you have to offer.

2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas. It sounds like you are off to a great start.

3. SevenEighth

SevenEighth Well-Known Member

Welcome - both the Merkur and the Semogue are excellent kit. You have a nice set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Welcome to The Shave Den! You’re off to a fine start! There’s lots of knowledgeable people here, so feel free to ask questions, share stories and have some fun.

5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Welcome!

7. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Hello and welcome

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

9. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @Timothy Hayes

I hope you enjoy it here. Sound like you have a nice kit that is working well for you. :happy088:

10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    High their, @Timothy Hayes , from far off North Cackalacky. Glad you have joined us.
    zwelcome2b.jpg

11. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD. This is a great community. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

12. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you.

13. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hello and welcome!

14. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den!

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs046: @Timothy Hayes from western NY, glad you decided to join us at TSD. Make sure you try a few vintage razors as well.

16. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Welcome from Florida!

17. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Vintage is always better! :happy088:

Welcome! :D

Enrico likes this.
  18. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Welcome from South Dakota!

19. Timothy Hayes

Timothy Hayes Member

I hope to pick up a gillette black beauty or superspeed, just need to get out antique hunting.

RyX likes this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Easiest razor to find is the Gillette Flare; extremely common and built like a tank. I never fail to get a nice shave and can be found for less than $10.

RyX likes this.