Help Identify This Razor Please ;o)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by RazorShaver4u, Jun 28, 2011.

1. RazorShaver4u

RazorShaver4u New Member

Hi, I got my hands on this Razor, Its a Gillette Ball End Type End is Nice and smooth, Not like most Ball End Type, The Serial Number on it is 222440 Yes the 0 is not a D . but if that is the correct serial number it would put it at 1905 i don't think a ball end was mad during 1905? Its Also Very Solid and Smaller then the Average Ball End Type and much heavier, Can someone help Identify it, Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Oldguy

Oldguy Member

Yes it's an Old Type made after 1908 (the date of the diamond trademark). Canadian serial numbers don't follow the same format as US serial numbers. I really don't know the Canadian system so don't know exactly when it was made.

Len

3. RazorShaver4u

RazorShaver4u New Member

Thanks Oldguy, i was confused with that diamond mark Myself as well, Honestly its better made from what i can feel the weight and solidness of it then the Regular US Ball End Type we have, kinda Reminds me of the weight of the Solid handles the ABC Set's Come with just as Solid. Thanks again.

4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

That tarnish on it tells you it is silver plated too. DO NOT USE BRASSO!! Try the hot water/baking soda in an aluminum foil lined pan trick and it'll be shiny as new.

Looks in great shape.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Very cool! :happy088:happy088

I've found only one OLD type, and it gives great shaves. May yours, as well!

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Nice Canadian Old Type!

7. RazorShaver4u

RazorShaver4u New Member

Yeap, once i shine it up ill come back and post some pics of it, should shine up nice with that baking Soda Trick :o)

8. RazorShaver4u

RazorShaver4u New Member

After Cleaning With Baking Soda, Aluminum Foil & Hot Water

OK, Guys here is the After Cleaning Pictures, Just used some baking soda , Aluminum foil, and hot water, Took 3 attempts to clean up nice, So Now what do you think of this Canadian Old Type Bad Boy Now? This is how i Feel after Clean up. :happy108

9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent work!
    Beautiful razor! :cool:

10. Brian

Brian Active Member

Great looking razor you have there! May you get many years of enjoyment out of it.

11. TYdeFan05

TYdeFan05 New Member

Very nice!

12. RazorShaver4u

RazorShaver4u New Member

Thanks guys, I'm Surprised in what good condition it was it, seems it wasn't used much and just put away for some time :/ well I'm just glad to get my hands on it :)

13. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Great razor and gosh did it clean up beautifully!

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Ditto!

15. RickT

RickT New Member

Wow! I need to learn about this baking soda, foil cleaning trick.
    You've done a terrific job on this! Congrats!

16. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

That came out great! :happy088

By the way, NEVER use the baking soda/hot water/aluminum foil trick on a gold plated razor.

17. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

18. RazorShaver4u

RazorShaver4u New Member

Yes, So i have heard but heard a little to late lol, Thanks for the Tip I Appreciate it.

19. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Triddo?!?

Nice job!

20. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Oooo nice and shiny! :cool:

Great job on the cleanup! :signs107