Help in picking a Schick injector

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by deoxy4, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

I have the Type I, K, L, and M Schick Injector Razors. Wife uses the K-1. My preference is the Type I. It has the smallest handle of all my injectors and is the most maneuverable. The I-1 gives me the fastest and cleanest shave of all. The Type M Adjustable gives an outstanding shave as well.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

IMG_0716.JPG Schick I-1 Injector Set

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    My favorites are the I and the M. Both are great shavers for me. I am starting a rotation tomorrow with my I-1.
    schicki.jpg

barbersurgeon and Boojum1 like this.
  4. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 Member

I like my G's. I get 12 to 14 good shaves from Schick/China blades and 25 to 30 from NOS Personna 74s. Moderately aggressive and WILL bite if mishandled. And they are NOT for sale.

barbersurgeon and Boojum1 like this.
  5. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

The Art Deco styled E-types and G-types are my favourites as well. The butterscotch E2 handles and the transparent amber G6 handles are contenders for the best looking (they're all great shavers) but my favourite, at the moment, would probably be the seafoam green G5.

The Schicks remind me a bit of Dum-Dums (the lollipops) - been around forever, comes in variety of flavours and they're all good!

:wave:

Joe Nobles, barbersurgeon and Boojum1 like this.
  6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Although I'm not in love with Schick Injectors or rather they don't like me. :) Whenever I do use one, I prefer using an E Type the most. I enjoy the nostalgia and they seem to give me the closest shave with the least amount of irritation. I like the way you can open the head to remove the blade or give it a good cleaning. That is an especially handy feature when you buy one either in the wild or off ebay as no one ever seems to remove the blades.:happy088:

Boojum1 likes this.
  7. BJV

BJV Active Member

Injector debut.jpg

The G-Model arrived today, so I'll be firing it up soon. By the way, the Silvertip Barbershop is the 35-year old Gary helped me restore.

Robyflexx and HoosierTrooper like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

A blast the past. Some folks have know about Vintage Injectors.
    Keeping secrets? ;)

Robyflexx and Jim99 like this.
  9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

So, I guess we're not the first to discover vintage injectors.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Robyflexx and RyX like this.
  10. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

To quote a Beatles song...

"They've been going in and out of style, but they're guaranteed to raise a smile..."

:git::shaver

RyX likes this.
  11. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I've got an E, a couple of Gs, a PAL adjustable and an L type. The E is more aggressive but I like being able to open it for cleaning. My blue-handled G shaves wonderfully mild, as does the PAL on mid-setting. But...the L with a twin blade was smoothest. Nary a weeper, and handled great.

RyX likes this.
  12. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

Of all of mine, the favorite is the I2 Hydro-Magic.

Just seems to be a comfortable handle, the right length, not too aggressive, not too mild, plus the cool mechanism to rinse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk