Help me identify these bad boys

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Norseman, Aug 3, 2015.

1. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Im UK based and CIF bathroom mousse is similar, just leave it on untill the bubbles have disolved then rinse off, (dont leave it on for long time, 5 mins should be enough.

gorgo2 likes this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Bathroom mousse.

See what I mean? Everything you guys have is classy and elegant (except for that blood pudding thing).

PLANofMAN likes this.
  3. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

We have a product called Jif Universal Spray. I guess it is the same thing. Spray on, wait five to ten minutes, rinse and wipe clean.

[​IMG]

4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

There should be bathroom mousse available to you by some brand its been available in UK for a long time now.

5. Norseman

The only mousse I have seen is the hair kind (it is too late for me) and the chocolate version. I do not believe I have seen a bathroom version in our stores. I will check tomorrow, but I do not believe that this product can be found in the Norseland. Even though the UK is just a short (long)boat trip away from our shores.
    But we have the second best thing, lemon and vinegar :)

gorgo2 and Boojum1 like this.
  6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Here in the states we use Jif to make sandwiches.

Jif is a brand of peanut butter. :D

7. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

The one on the left looks like a Rocket.

Billyfergie and Norseman like this.
  8. Jay S

Jay S Active Member

But not very good peanut butter...just the kind we grew up on. "Choosy mothers choose Jif"

9. Norseman

Lol, I have had pb only once. Not a typical norse foodstuff, although they sell it in the shop I seldom see anybody eating the stuff

10. Jay S

Jay S Active Member

It's not quite brown cheese in a tube...

11. Norseman

Lol. I have never tried that either. I can be an old fashioned guy and prefer the regular brown cheese over that "modern" tubed cheese solution.
    Although it is technically not a cheese, its shape and usage is that of a proper cheese and that is good enough for me.
    Still, I seldom eat that either. It is delicious, but has too much sugar in it and may be comparable to chocolade in that regard.

12. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Very nice find. Congrats!

Norseman likes this.
  13. swarden43

WHAT?!?! YOU DON'T LIKE PEANUT BUTTER?!?!?
    How un-American! :ahem:

Herm2502 likes this.
  14. Jay S

Jay S Active Member

I actually love peanut butter, just not Jif or anything like it. Fresh PB is the way to go!

gorgo2 and swarden43 like this.
  15. Norseman

I tried cleaning up the razors today. I used a cleaning gel thingy and let the razors soak there for an hour before I scrubbed them using a toothbrush, just as Dr. Swarden prescribed. :)

The result was better, especially on the ball end Tech razor. I'll guess I have to shave with them soon. I just have to finish my Sputnik testing first.

Cleaned.JPG

16. swarden43

17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Agreed. JIF is all my kids eat but it's too sweet. Gimme that no sugar added crunchy where the ingredients say "Peanuts, Salt."

Jay S likes this.
  18. Jay S

Jay S Active Member

Exactly! But I did learn to love brown cheese last summer in Norway too...I wasn't too fond of the taco flavored cheese in a tube however. ;)

19. Norseman

Yikes, are you serious? Do we have a taco flavoured tube cheese? Yuck (I will have to try some :) )

20. Jay S

Jay S Active Member

In some grocery stores, there were displays that could only be described as 'towers of ost'! A favorite was Bacon Ost...spread on a bagel or piece of bread, it made for a quick, easy traveling snack.

Norseman likes this.