Help needed identifying this razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by AsylumGuido, Jul 6, 2008.

1. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Hey, y'all! I need a hand in identifying some razors I have an idea, but am trying to nail them down.

I have the one on the left as a Gillette New, of course, and based upon a picture of that Achim has of it's silver twin I'd say circa 1936.

The second is a 1954 Tech (Z-3) with the "Gillette" embossed on the head.

The third one is the one I can't nail down. It looks to be a no date code Tech, 40's I'd imagine, but I can't find one with that exact handle. Notice the vertical grooves. By the way, this one came with the pictured razor pack and was loaded with one of them if this helps with the dating or identification.

More info. The Blue blade in the razor had what appeared to be a date code of R-1 or 1946. As clean as this razor is and as new as the blade looked this could be the original blades that came with the razor.

Any help here?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

It is a tech. Just a different variation. I had an identical one a while back.

3. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

This is one of those that sparks some controversy, sometimes found with different heads and varying ID opinions. :D

[​IMG]

4. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Thanks to rodd I have seen at least two separate sources having this very same Tech with this handle in the original box and with the very same blades that I had found with it. I'd be willing a bet on the 1946 Gold Tech based upon the blade dates.

5. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

It is possible the one you picture was a New head and/or comb with the Tech handle since the New handles sometimes crack. The owner may have not wanted to give up his open comb shave.

6. Will

Will Nevermind

Sweet looking Razor, shaves good too. :D

7. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Here's the one I used last night. The '36 New. An excellent shave and I loved the fat handle

[​IMG]