Help save my 4711 Shaving Kit!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Tim Spencer, May 5, 2018.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Well,

In case you didn't know. PAA has discontinued and QUICKLY got rid of their "11235" shave soap before I could even buy any to preserve some stock. I never imagined that PAA would discontinue that scent. So, I only had 1 tub of it and that tub is running out of soap.

So, after emailing PAA and having no options left, I'm asking if anyone has some backup tubs or even an extra tub of PAA "11235" shave soap? I will certainly pay for it. I have put a post in the "Would like to Buy" area of this site, but not many people read that part of the forum. So I'm also putting my request over here too in the hopes that someone has an extra soap that can keep my 4711 shaving kit alive.

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Good luck. There may be someone out there who will help. I hope so.

3. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

4. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

How close was the soap to the original scent?

TobyC likes this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    TobyC and Jorvaljr like this.
  7. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

You are a lucky fellow. I got a couple of small vintage bottles and one has obviously went bad and the other smell lovely. By the time I decided to pick up a soap it sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    PM sent

9. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

@Tim Spencer it's time for you to move on

10. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Stories like this one just fuel my hoarding instinct!

The silver lining to this sad tale is Stirling makes a couple dozen soaps that ALL perform great, and there’s likely several scents that can become your new favorite.

11. Tim Spencer

TobyC likes this.
  12. Tim Spencer

PAA did a really good job making a matching shave soap IMO. I can't believe that PAA discontinued that classic scent. I'm very disappointed about it.

13. Tim Spencer

No joke man. I have 3 cardboard boxes of "extras" for various custom soaps and aftershave splashes I paid hundreds and hundreds of dollars to have made by multiple artisans (but mostly done by Kevin of Country Club for Men, who BTW makes incredible products!). I will eventually buy a house that will have the closet space and shelf space for a big extra dresser cabinet to hold all my 'extra's, which I believe will last me for more than a decade in sealed containers. I have hoarded only the irreplacable products. I have a few items that were vintage and are irreplaceable and will not last unfortunately.

14. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

I have a tin I never used.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  15. Tim Spencer

I would be willing to buy it from you if you are looking to sell it. That would insure my shave set would last a very long time.

16. Tim Spencer

No way Speedy! I'll never give up my Turquoise shave set!