Help The Queen Keep Her Razor

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by PLANofMAN, Jul 17, 2012.

1. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Donation on the way!

apo1022 and Queen of Blades like this.
  2. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

Donation sent, my thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family, hope everything turns out ok!!!

3. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Count me in, good luck.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Donation and prayers sent.

5. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

This forum is so wonderful and caring for each other.

6. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

I'm in!

7. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

$10.00 sent by me:), i didnt put any info on the payment but sent as a gift. I saw that razor when you got it from Glen, and Thats a keeper alright

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Uhhhh....I think that's suppose to be my speech! :D

My gratitude is beyond words really. There are a million things to say going through my head. It takes me a few minutes of staring at the screen to even reply to the messages. And then the words don't seem adequate. :ashamed001:

9. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

It looks like I picked the right day to check in. You do so much for us here, MoM, that it's the absolute least I can do. My thoughts are with you and your daughter, JoAnna. Donation on it's way!

10. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

This was a very kind thing for you to do Ryan, It speaks volumes about your personal character and integrity.

I hope JoAnna that your daughter's hip surgery goes well and she recovers fully. Be safe in your travels.

11. apo1022

apo1022 Active Member

Such a supportive group!

Queen of Blades likes this.
  12. PadreTex

PadreTex Well-Known Member

I've been at a symposium and haven't seen this until just now. I'll be sending a donation too. Also be assured that I'll remember you and your daughter at the altar, the distance is pretty close to God's ear there. ;)

PLANofMAN, lradke, apo1022 and 2 others like this.
  13. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Donation sent, me and my wife send wishes from our family to yours I hope it all goes well :)

14. Queen of Blades

Thank you all so much! Thank you Ryan for starting this!

If everyone is ok with it, I've decided that any money donated that I don't need to use will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House.
    I did look into what they had to offer, but I was not able to use them for this, and I'd feel wrong taking up space as one person that could be better used by a family. The idea of Ronald McDonald House is awesome! It would be nice to see some hotel chains supporting RMH's efforts.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  15. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I would rather see you spend any left over money on your daughter or put towards "the Queen's Vacation Fund," but as far as I'm concerned, it's your money to do with as you will. We all know you are overworked and underpaid (well, not paid at all, actually) for the work you do for this forum and it's store. (You should at least treat yourself to a spa day after everything calms down and your daughter's fully recovered from her surgery.):)

16. Queen of Blades

I don't really take care of myself. :o There's other people to take care of.

17. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I think that's a great idea! I'm glad we could help out. I hope you got enough to help with the hotel and other related expenses. I know how fast stuff like that can add up. Best of luck JoAnna! I hope everything goes well for you and your daughter next week! :)

18. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Our prayers are with and your daughter.

This is a great forum or a family that rallies around each other in times of need. Personally I proud to part of this.

19. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Well said.
    As a guy I don't do the mushy stuff, but you know you the right thing when you see it.
    Family first.

PLANofMAN and Queen of Blades like this.
  20. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

Count me in! :)