Help with Neck

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Medicdad417, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Medicdad417

Medicdad417 Well-Known Member

Im having some trouble with my neck. Pre shave routine includes a good face scrub in a hot shower, then working a good lather. When I go with the grain I have no problems, when I go against the grain or cross grain Im not getting as close as I would like. If I add just a bit of pressure I get a good close shave, but when I am done I feel like my skin has been ripped off. I have no other problems with my my face with any pass, BBS in fact, just the neck under my jaw. On the Addams apple is good, no problems. Any ideas?

2. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I don't have the link, but if you google (or Bing if that's your thing) mantic59 neck you will find an excellent YouTube video that might help. He has lots of videos about other shaving issues too. Check him out.

spacehobo likes this.
  3. Medicdad417

Medicdad417 Well-Known Member

Will do, Thanks.

cmorris357 likes this.
  4. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Personally I gave up trying to get a BBS on my neck. It just wasn't worth putting my skin through that. I do a three pass shave with some touch ups on my neck. I do a little "blade buffing "(mantic59) to get as smooth as I can in spots, applying lots of cream every time.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

@Spud gives the credibility to what I was going to say - some folks just can't go ATG. Also, avoid the face scrub on the neck. That, along with the shaving, may just a tad more than your neck can deal with.

Stick with it. Not saying you'll ever get it, but you certainly won't know unless you work on that technique.

Spud likes this.
  6. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I find that it's been best to forget about grain when it comes to the neck and just go north/south.