Hen in the rooster cage.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Eva_d, Mar 9, 2015.

1. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

I think it was HolyRollah that said how it got rid of most of his daughter's acne. It's stronger and more natural than any liquid astringent. It's totally helped me with my post shave routine. You just wash your face and rub it on, then rinse off. Your face should feel zombie tight. Its awesome. Makr sure you get Potassium Alum and not Ammonium Alum.

Eva_d likes this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Eva,
    I love the title of this thread. I chuckle every time I see it. :)
    Kerry

Eva_d likes this.
  3. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Eva_d and Bristle Me like this.
  4. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

I'm kinda fond of that one myself, lol

Hey I was at work today and realized that I have been using some really cool old razors and a few accessories as decor at work (hair salon). I tried to upload pics to the show and tell thread but couldn't get it to work.... Followed another thread and I think I understand that pics can only be shared via computer? Not smart phone? Bummer....

5. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

SRNewb likes this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

No. I'm on a smartphone. How are you viewing the site? Browser or Tapatalk? I do you a photo editor to size and make them look pretty.

7. RaZorBurn123

8. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

I'm using my browser on a galaxy 5....I'll try a test run here in a sec on the link below and see if I can get it to work there

9. RaZorBurn123

It should work. Click on the link up above.

10. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

I use Tapatalk and have to take a photo in my post to get it to work. Most of my photos taken outside the app are too big unless I resize them.

Eva_d likes this.
  11. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

I tried and got the same error message. It says the uploaded file is too large. Any ideas?

12. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

I tried it that way also.... Still didn't work for me

13. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

I may have to see about resizing

14. RaZorBurn123

Ok good. You need to resize them. Do you have a photo shop editor? Or can you do it in your camera app?

15. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Hi Eva and Welcome!

My daughter had acne trouble, and didn't care for the chemical stuff being shoved at her by the dermatologist.
    I got her started washing her face 2-3 times a day with a natural soap, (Mikes, Chagrin Valley, etc.)
    http://mikesnaturalsoaps.com/Mikes_Natural_Soaps/Welcome.html
    http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandsalve.com/
    and she finishes with a swipe or two of the Alum block.
    After a few weeks of this regimen, the acne has diminished by at least 70%, and she's a regular alum user now.

Here's what works for her:

Wash the face gently using a very soft cloth, warm water, and the natural soap.
    Be gentle. No scrubbing.
    Be sure to rinse the soap away completely, and pat dry.
    Run cold water over the alum block, and rub it gently over the face (go easy, 1 or 2 light passes)
    and allow the face to dry. If you apply too much, there will be a white residue when dry.
    If that happens, rinse it off and try a lighter application. It takes a bit of trial and error to get it dialed in, but after 2-3 washing sessions, I'm sure she'll have it figured out. Leave the alum on until the next face wash unless irritation develops.

Hope this helps!

Eva_d likes this.
  16. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

When your in the reply screen, there should be a little camera in the lower left, then you'll see this...
    [​IMG]
    Click the middle one to take a photo. It will attach itself and look like this while typing... bla bla bla [IMG]
    [IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/10/ea741cd40ec7400f37cb4bc16b59b238.jpg
    Then hit the paper airplane in the top right to post.

Eva_d likes this.
  17. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Welcome Eva. That reminds me...Wall-E called. :happy102: (Sorry, couldn't resist)

My wife stole my late 40's gold Fat Handle Tech early on. So, I finally got her own in late 40's Fat Handle Tech, this time nickel replated by RazorPlate. She loves DE shaving and she likes the Astra SP blades.

Tech-4.jpg

Bristle Me, RaZorBurn123 and Eva_d like this.
  18. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

That did the trick. I used a photo editor and got one posted in the test area. I've got a couple more though and can do better later on today. Thanks :)

19. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

Hahaha... I don't mind. It's Evelyn actually. Eva is just a nickname. I really never expected to hear that there are so many women using these razors. It doesn't feel quite so odd now. Once I get the hang of it, I have two teenage daughters that I can convert.... Maybe... Lol

Herm2502 likes this.
  20. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den Eva

Douglas Carey likes this.