Hey! It's been a while...again.

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by riffin, Aug 11, 2017.

1. riffin

riffin Active Member

Hello all! A lost old timer here.

The last time I posted was about 2 years ago. I put up a single post saying I'd been away for a time but wanted to start sell stuff from my collection. I never followed through, didn't sell a thing here or anywhere else. I don't want this to turn into a Ben Fold's 'Steven's Last Night in Town' thing. But here I am again!

I was a pretty active member up until about 6 years ago. At that time, I realized my RAD was something of a problem. I've repaired the damage, which was fortunately hadn't gotten as bad as it could have. Then I spent several years ignoring the closet full of razors, out of a sense of regret. I thought I was over that the last time I posted, but after a day of going through my collection, I couldn't continue. It wasn't like I was about to fall off the wagon, so to speak, or hanging off the edge of a cliff. But it did feel like I was slowly moving in a direction where that could happen.

So here I am. I've gone through my stuff again without any real feeling of ambivalence or reluctance. I've even sold some stuff on EBay. So I'm ready to give it another go. I have a few questions. Given my lack of recent presence, I'm not sure how to read rule #3 on the Marketplace. Does "continue to use" mean use at all, or use it more than occasionally? If the latter, then how occasionally?

Also, what is the etiquette on posting about my EBay listings? Is that a no-no? I can see participating here beyond just selling stuff, but to what degree I'll just have to see. I'm not too worried about recurring RAD (RRAD?) but I can't say there is NO risk either.

So thanks for reading all that. Cheers!

2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

You can post buy it now from eBay. That's all I know.

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Rather than turn TSD into a used equipment listing site, The Powers That Be have a firm list of rules.

Rule #2 Members must have at least 50 posts to their credit and have been a member for a minimum of 3 months before they are qualified to sell or trade.
    You have been a member and posted enough to qualify. The spirit of this rule is to encourage participation. Depending on the interpretation you may post in The Classifieds, but please do be part of the community.

Judgement call time. The Shave Den is a Privately Owned website. There are expenses incurred keeping the website up. Remember it's here to promote the discussion of shaving. The Buy/Sell/Trade forum is for Active Members to offer gear to other members. If you only need a place to sell your gear Ebay would be the better option.

The practice of "shilling" prohibits the posting of active auctions. If an auction is a Buy It Now the price is set so there's no conflict of interest or pumping up the price. But - back to the original point; The B/S/T section is for active members.

So hang out, join in the discussion, express your opinion! You have a depth of knowledge that many new members might benefit from. Then every 30 days you can make a post with multiple items.

4. riffin

riffin Active Member

Thank you! This is EXACTLY the guidance I was looking for. And I apologize for overlooking #4 which answers my question about how occasionally. I'll be around!

RyX likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    OK, TJ, welcome back. Put some stuff on the B/S/T.

6. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Welcome back again to the show that never ends, step back inside!
    Welcome back from Central NJ!
    Looking forward to hearing your experiences and seeing some of your gear

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome back.

8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome back to The Shave Den! :happy088:

9. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

Welcome back TJ.
    I've only been here for a year or so. It would be interesting to hear from long-time traditional shavers, such as yourself, what you use today, and how your views of equipment have changed (or not changed) over the years. I believe you have plenty of experience and opinions to share.

RyX and RetLEO-07 like this.
  10. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

+1

11. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Welcome back.

12. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome back!

13. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Welcome home!

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome back.

15. riffin

riffin Active Member

Thanks, all!

16. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Belated greetings, and welcome to the den.

17. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Welcome back!