Hi everybody hope I am doing this right as I am new to tsd .I have carpal tunnel syndrome

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Peter Mcgee, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Peter Mcgee

Peter Mcgee Member

I have carpal tunnel syndrome on both hands and find it hard to grasp smaller things and was wondering if anybody knows the diameter of the Edwin Jagger Kelvin handle as I am looking for a thicker handled razor I have a merkur 34c and it has a diameter of just 12mm could anybody recommend a razor with a thicker handle the ej Kelvin would be good if handle was big enough I will thank you all just now for your advice ☺️

Keithmax and Robyflexx like this.
  2. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I can't answer your question, but welcome, and hope you find a razor that works for you.

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Maybe a Gillette fat handle tech would do or just look for a separate handle that is fatter. Welcome to the Den.

4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

http://www.maggardrazors.com/product/maggard-razors-mr8-stainless-steel-handle-only/

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to the Den. Perhaps you would like one of those fat handles. They are pretty cool. This is the Scotch and Stowe.
    scotch_stowe01s.jpg
    zwelcome2.jpg

jimjo1031 likes this.
  6. jimjo1031

That's the same one I bought, less than $20.00 shipped and had Delta Echo refinish with a Gillette short comb head. Good grip and weight as I also have carpal tunnel.

AGHisBBS, Jayaruh and Robyflexx like this.
  7. jimjo1031

8. Peter Mcgee

Peter Mcgee Member

Thank you all looks like the scotch&stowe fatty is the razor to go for or the maggard mr3 they look very similar!!or are they the same under different names?

AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  9. Peter Mcgee

Peter Mcgee Member

Thank you for the advice is this the scotch&stowe or the maggard mr3?

Robyflexx likes this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    IMG_1627.jpg
    They appear to be the same. The Scotch and Stowe has a finish on it though.

AGHisBBS, RyX and Robyflexx like this.
  11. Peter Mcgee

Peter Mcgee Member

They both look exact same thickness of handle just what I am looking for thanks for the pics I like the one with the finish on it

AGHisBBS, Robyflexx and Jayaruh like this.
  12. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

The Berkeley Custom Shaver is the easiest to hold razor I've have the pleasure of using.
    You can both google and search button here. Aside from being great for limited hand use people, it makes a great travel razor, is adjustable, and gives a great shave. 2016-09-23-17-58-27-1209147224.jpg images-6.jpg

13. jimjo1031

Scotch & Stowe. Maggard's are out of stock. Look on Ebay for Scotch & Stowe if you want it now. They have two kinds, chrome plated brass and stainless

14. jimjo1031

interesting...........

15. Peter Mcgee

Peter Mcgee Member

Cheers m8 will have a look

16. Peter Mcgee

Peter Mcgee Member

Very unusual it certainly has a big handle on it I will have a look at Google see where you can get one and price

17. jimjo1031

Search "Scotch & Stowe" on Ebay

18. jimjo1031

This is the vendor I've used for it and another one. innov8ivelabs

19. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

The Berkeley Custom Shavers were made in the sixties, i found mine on the bay. They go around 50 bucks, but whos to say with auctions.
    I love mine, ive got limited hand use.

Peter Mcgee and Robyflexx like this.
  20. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

Peter Mcgee and Robyflexx like this.