Hi new here but not really to shaving

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by The Darker Side Of Art, Apr 19, 2017.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome @The Darker Side Of Art. Thank you for your Service. Seems I got here fashionably late to the party. As you've seen this gathering of Gentlemen (there's a number of Ladies, too) don't mess around. From what I read you've got a DE or two on the way. Take a moment to signup for the Newbie Giveaway. Read the rules to be sure you qualify. There's a Flare Tip Super Speed up for grabs donated by another generous member, & some internet spending money from a couple of our Supporting Vendors.

So, your razor(s) will be in the mail shortly. Have you thought about blades, soap, a brush, and after care products? Visit the Shave of the day thread to see the exotic, bizarre, weird, & wonderful software & hardware that passes for shave gear these days.

If you think a refresher course in Technique is in order, there's a gathering of New shavers learning vintage gear & Old shavers trying new stuff. Gotta warn you though. If you visit The 30 Day Rule/Focus Crew there may be shenanigans.

3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

4. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to the den!!

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hello and Welcome!

8. Well.just received my 1st one today a 1956 Gillette Super Speed which looks like its never been used .I already used it 5 minutes ago (didnt shave for 2 weeks waiting on this moment)
    I love it its so smooth only problem now is..I really like the way it looks.which means i really dont want to use it which also means I guess I will have to get more (which i most likely will want to horde also and buy more ..rinse and repeat)
    Thank you you all have been extremely helpful.
    And thank you for the offers.
    I never really know what to say when people say thanks for serving..but then again I havent really been around civilans since 1993 either (in the USA I mean) and the last 2 of that was downrange).so still adjusting I guess..but it is nice to know people back here in the states do appreciate what we do for our country.
    and with that said ..now its time for me to snoop around the site and see what else is going on at the Den

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Keithmax and Linuxguile like this.
  9. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

10. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Welcome!

11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Welcome!

You started at the same time as me I have been switching between Gillette G2000, Trac II, and Atra razors through the years, but always using soap and brush. If you have never tried the Trac II razor, I really like it, especially as a travel razor.

12. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you.