Hoarding Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by swarden43, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Well...

Not vintage. :scared003:

2. Jacobite

Jacobite Member

I have a lot of single pucks of soap/creams, but in terms of big quantities I've got about 30 pucks each of vintage and of today's Williams Mug Soap, about a dozen sticks of Arko, a similar number of Palmolive sticks, 7 sticks of Valobra, three 1 lb tubs of JM Fraser's cream, 5 tubes of Proraso creams, and 2 tubs of Palmindaya cream at about a lb apiece. I didn't set out to hoard any of them, but I've ended up with quite a pile of product. The vintage Williams was only available in 2 big lots at a ridiculous price, the modern Williams came to me at about 50c a puck, the Arko is cheaper by the dozen, the Palmolive I purchase 1 at a time every time I go to Ireland, and the Valobra, Fraser's, and Palmindaya aren't always easily available so when I see them I buy them.

Keithmax, Primotenore and Jim99 like this.
  3. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

20171106_192613-2124x1195.jpg
    Guilty of hoarding this trio of shave sticks

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I still have a half stick of Moos left and use it sparingly as I do my half tube of Noxzema Lather Shave.

JR Reyes likes this.
  5. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I did it with the Cold Water Shaving Soap "Original" when he announced it was being discontinued. I bought three jars and had one gifted to me in addition to the one I had. I am finishing my fifth jar now. The new CRSW "Glide" formula came just in time!

Keithmax and Linuxguile like this.
  6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I still have remnants of a stick mashed into a bowl. Outstanding soap!
    Wish I had more as I will be sorely disappointed when this runs out.

Bobcat and JR Reyes like this.
  7. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Well, a case of Arko is 12, so we'll give you a pass until you buy #13

Keithmax and Jim99 like this.