Home Made After Shave

Discussion in 'Soapmaking & Lotions' started by Badger-Face, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Badger-Face

Badger-Face Well-Known Member

I was board so I made my own aftershave this morning.
    1/2 Cup of Rubbing Alcohol
    1/4 Cup of Witch Hazel
    1 Tablespoon Glycerin
    A few drops of lavender and jasmine for one.
    A few drops of vanilla and pomegranate for the other one.
    Neither of those scents are my type really but I already had them. The only thing I had to go get was witch hazel. I was going to use vodka or rum but decided to just use rubbing alcohol instead. Then I put the mix in two of my old flasks I had in a drawer. So there you have it. I will try it out tonight after I shave. And report to you after that.

[​IMG]

I got the idea from wiki-how and just used what I had. Here is the site. http://m.wikihow.com/Make-Aftershave
    There some pretty good recipes here.

Update. I forgot to mention I also had made my own Pre Shave Oil a while back. It had grape seed oil, olive oil, almond oil, and like three other oils in it i just cant remember. I add eucalyptus to one of them and the same oils for smell listed here. Pretty nice stuff.

vwp528 and tuxxdk like this.
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Making a good simple aftershave can be tricky to avoid being too drying on the skin. I'm not a big AS fan—I much prefer balms.

The flask certainly has masculine appeal!:happy088:

Certainly MUCH more so than this;)
    [​IMG]

RaZorBurn123 and Badger-Face like this.
  3. Badger-Face

LOL your talking to the guy who rubs hospital grade hand sanitizer on his face. :angry021:I might just try making some balm next though. I like the He-Man bottle lol very cool.

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I wonder if that comes with matching bubble bath. :rofl:

Badger-Face and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. Badger-Face

You know I forgot to report back to you guys on how this stuff worked out. Well first off I over scented it. The alcohol while in the flask covers the other scents so much I added to much not remember that once I put it on my face the alcohol will dissipate leaving the oil behind. So it's a bit strong. Not too bad though really. It leaves my face cool and fresh. I wish I would of used vodka or something but I was going for price after all. But all in all I do like it enough to keep in the rotation. I will not make it like that again though. Thanks for your input guys.

I think I should of went for a Bay Rum scent on this. I can't find bayrum aftershave anywhere. I didn't want to order it before smelling it. Yeah that's right I never had a sniff of it but for some reason I know it will be my favorite scent just from the descriptions I read lol.

Now just to find bottles like this. The flask isn't man enough for my taste. Lol

6. Lady_Badger

Lady_Badger Active Member

I really like the vanilla and pomegranate one!

Badger-Face likes this.