Hot or Tacky? *Weshi Content*

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sodapopjones, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I dunno, I like the way this looks, it has a frankenrazor feel to it, what do you think?

[​IMG]

Yes, I'm using David's image, I'm sure he won't mind free publicity.

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

It looks good to me. We have the gun metal version and the finish has held up for awhile and has a decent heft to it. I have no experience with the one you have posted though.

3. Sodapopjones

I have a Timor, which supposedly is different, even though they share the exact same QC labels, and the finish on that looks great as well.

I'm sure it shaves solid as well, I'm not sure about the combination of gold and chrome, I always thought that was a faux pas, but it looks awesome to me.

4. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

It works for watches:

Attached Files:

5. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

I think it looks nice

6. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Saturday night pimp special! Like one of those .22 caliber pistols with a nickel finish and mother of pearl grips. If you collect guns you need one in your collection, the same with DE razors, it adds pop to the chrome landscape.

7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I'm not a fan of the gold and chrome, but it's not me buying the razor so my opinion really doesnt matter.

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

yup... I can't say I like the gold/chrome look on the razor. However, it looks good on the watch. I think it may be due to the proportions of the color blocking.

I have a 9306 in gunmetal. It is a nice razor. I also have a 2004 and although it doesn't have the same quailty work, it is a good razor as well.

9. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

I really like the Gold/Chrome combo! I read in another post that it was a new model out and looked for it on the Razor Blades and More site but didn't find it.

I recently got one of the Weishi Gun Metal razors, and it has a very nice finish, though to me, I can't get a REALLY smooth shave with it. Even after multiple passes with the Weishi it just seems to be too mild of a shave.

Even though I really like the Gold/Chrome combo, unless I change my mind about how my Weishi shaves, I won't be buying another soon.....and I really like the looks of the Gun Metal, but L@@KS don't shave!

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I've seen it on lots of jewelry. Looks pretty good on most of what I've seen. But on this razor the handle looks like an ear of corn. Nothin' against corn, just don't want to shave with it :happy102

11. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

Meh... it may work for some watches - the two-tone finish - but on a razor, not so much.

12. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

Is the 9306 as mild as the 2004, or does it give a different shave experience?

13. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I think the 2004 is a touch milder. I can get a better shave with the 9306 than the 2004. I wouldn't try using it if I wanted BBS. However, if I already have old irritation, bumps, or a soap reaction, and I just want an acceptably close shave (closer than electric), the 9306 is my choice. The 9306 feels more solid and doesn't rattle when shook whereas the 2004 rattles a bit.

14. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I like it !! It does have that Rolex look...If you like it, get it...If it shaves great you can tell us about it, and if you don't like the shave you can pif it to a noob, and it will certainly be one of the best looking razors to learn on...:) I just checked it out...Its 3 ounces, should shave nice...

15. SmallTank

SmallTank New Member

I saw the same one on ebay for $.99..lol..no one bought it :happy102

ST

16. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

Yeah, but how much was shipping? Probably $25...

17. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

And 3 weeks to ship because they are coming from overseas.

actually, I just looked through completed listings, I don't see any recently at that price. I do see some in the last few weeks that went unsold at $13.90 with auction + shipping. However, those would take 3-4 weeks to deliver. Cheap, but not worth the wait.

18. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

On the subject of the Weishi mildness... it all depends on the blade you put in the razor. I used to be all about aggressive razors. However, I actually get more consistent and clean, problem free shaves if I load a sharp and quality blade in a mild razor like a weishi or tech.

19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I would like the look better if it were the satin gold finish instead of the glossy.

I like my 9306 Gunmetal but it is very mild. I prefer a more aggressive razor.
    Many Americans and Europeans (not all) do.

We realize that Weishi is a Chinese company.
    The East Asian market with almost 2.2 billion people would be very influential as to what would be produced long term for an Asian company.

20. Sodapopjones

Actually it is satin gold,
    [​IMG]

Steve you're not the only one to say it looks like corn, my GF just said, "It looks like corn, sorry" :happy102