Hot or Tacky? *Weshi Content*

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sodapopjones, Apr 15, 2011.

1. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

After looking at it on the site, it looks more like anodized aluminum than gold plated.

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yeah, fere shere Ya'll!

3. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Its probably neither, I'm going to guess painted like what they paint cheap aluminum wheels with, Enkei *Cough*.

On the Timor of mine you can clearly see where they missed spraying on the end caps.

None the less, I got a great shave out of the Timor which is supposed to be different, even though it shares the same sticker, and I used a Treet Dura Sharp of all blades, no issues at all so I would assume the very least a great shave out of the Weishi.

4. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

to me it a little tacky and that comes from a guy who carries a two tone blued and matte nickle finish colt 1911.

5. Sodapopjones

Well, I'm going to mess around with the Timor some more before I make up my mind, :happy102

6. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I'm on the fence. So far out of the 2 pics, I kinda like the look of it in the first but seeing the second more corn looking view, I don't like it. So I dunno. Almost reminds me of the way balck on white saddle shoes look. Can be nice but just have to be in the mood. Maybe? YMMV I reckon.

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That is the most glossy satin I have ever seen. Wow!

8. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I'd give it a so-so rating for look. It's a hard look to get right and they're not quite there, but not far off. I have the gunmetal version which looks great, but you can seen the finish wearing along the edge of the doors. It's a razor designed to last for years, but not a lifetime like some razors that are just $10-15 more. I'd stay clear of the cheaper Weishi razors, but the premiums finishes and the higher quality base metal used with them make a decent razor if you're on a budget.

9. Sodapopjones

True Erik, but its always fun to buy something cheap and have fun with it every once and a while, omg the guy with a Plisson just said that! :happy102

10. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

I Like it, & I have never seen anything like that.

You should always buy what you like.

Others will have their own opinions, but it is your money.
    Thanks for sharing.

11. jcwit

jcwit Member

Gonna have to get one to go with my knock-off Rolex.

Seriously I do like the look.

12. Sodapopjones

Very true, however it is good sometimes for others to help me to not spend money. :happy102

13. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

It's not bad looking but it's be better if it were black nickel plate/gold plate rather than aluminum/anodized gold. Then again, I avoid Chinese razors... no telling what all is mixed in that metal. Have you ran a radiation detector over it? :happy097

14. Sodapopjones

Jody, I think you have your countries mixed up, not to mention you shave with Russian blades!(As do I) :happy102

I'm holding out on this razor though, look wise I like it, I'm just worried its going to be too mild like the Timor I have.

15. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I was thinking about how much China has been in the news over the last 2 years with all the lead in toys and the melamine in pet food. Besides, radiation is good in the actual blades.. it helps the hair grow quicker so we can shave more often! ::git

16. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

There are so many things that come from China now, it's hard NOT to buy something made there!

I always have a little concern when I use products that come from China. I know there was a problem with plates/pottery that came from Mexico a few years ago. I think it was Mercury or Lead that was in the glaze.

So many things make it past inspectors and reach the US consumer. Sometimes I wish we would just cut off all imports, make everything we use here, and boost our economy and lessen unemployment......but then, we'd have to buy Rooskie blades on the Black Market!:eek:

17. Sodapopjones

You guys crack me up :happy102

The only Blade/Razor that had me worried to use was Treet, just looking at the carbon steel I was thankful for the tetanus shot I got last year after I almost took my thumb off. :happy102

18. sas71

sas71 Member

Bumblebee transformed into a razor? :happy102

actually i kinda like it. i eyeballed one of those when i first started using a DE. might would have gotten one but the vendor was in the process of shutting down.