How do I delete my B&B account. I'm done with that place.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by McHale, Jun 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh, I don't know the year of the song-1970's would be my guess.

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'm not sure about that they definitely did a duet on "something foolish" I think was the name of it. Late-'60s iirc.

Yep here we go. Actually kind of creepy considering they were father and daughter.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm very tired of feeling like I have to walk on eggshells when I'm at B&B. That said I still pop my head in there periodically. Some of the other ones feel like a ghost town when your there.

4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Got the old heave-ho from the Rodent Forum(you can PM me if you want to hear the story. Kinda funny actually), but I washed up here. Much more better. Just walk away.

mrchick and RyX like this.
  5. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I enjoy this forum much more than I enjoyed B&B.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Paul Turner, SpeedyPC and mrchick like this.
  6. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I admit that I still go on the forum that the OP is talking about sometimes, mostly to check BST, but I'll spend some time in other sections if I have it. The vibe is different. I've gotten some good info there, but the reputation that the moderators have is earned. I just logged in and had alerts that people had commented on threads that I had commented on. Three were from a moderator, and they were almost all the same: "you are wrong," "that is wrong," and "that doesn't work."

7. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Yep!! this happen to me this morning before I left the house for work when I said I was looking forward to get my Rockwell Model T very soon, and I received a PM saying that my post got deleted for not complying with the B&B TOUs and this was the rule stated below said from B&B TOUs. (Terms of Usage)

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I was banned from there too. Although I did earn it. I did not have to work very hard at it though.

RetLEO-07 and GarnerPW like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Right, I remember that one. Y'know, maybe "Ding-a-Ling" was the wrong title, but that's how they ended that song, whatever it was.

10. Paul Turner

Frank to Nancy-"This sounds stupid, but I love you".

11. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

@SpeedyPC - I got hit with a number of things like that.

I didn't have a problem with any of the members. The only people I had problems with were the moderators, and it was playing stupid games with their TOS that did it. THEM playing stupid games. The mods (most/many) there right now are serious munchkins, and they'll bend a rule around to mean anything they damned well please if it's someone they dislike.

For the OP - leave your account open. That way you can at least access the full sized photos if you need to check something there.

12. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

In case anyone's curious, PM'ing the mods the full text of the rule you're accused of breaking and asking what part you violated results in an email telling you to enjoy another site and a permanent ban.

Wasn't my goal, but the results are the same.

Guys (and gals), I'm home.

-Mc

Keithmax, GarnerPW, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  13. Bookworm

Pretty close to my experience, yes.

14. dkeester

dkeester Well-Known Member

That seems like an overly harsh response, but it doesn't surprise me.

I came here from B&B for basically the same reason as you. I posted about receiving my Rockwell 6C kickstarter reward in the mail. Those posts were almost immediately deleted and I was told that I was not allowed to talk about it since there wasn't (at the time) a "add to cart" link for it on their site for the razor. There was only a pre-order link to IndieGoGo, so it was still considered a pre-order product. That was the third run-in that I had with the Mods in just a bit over a year of using the site, and I wasn't trying to be a troublemaker. I was fed-up with my posts being deleted or moved. TSD is my home now, but I still check out BST over there from time to time to see if there are any deals I am interested in. I am not as active here as I was there, but participating in the TSD community has been a much better experience for me so far.

mrchick and danbuter like this.
  15. Bookworm

The mods there are a reflection of the owner, who apparently was banned from another site early on, and retaliated by opening his own. So far, so good. it worked out. However, it appears that _revenge_ is driving everyone there now.

16. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Who is the owner?

17. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

+1 on that. I've had some nice back and forth with several members, most of whom are also on here. I've also gotten some good deals on brushes and razors that were like new from members.

18. Bookworm

Joel Marcus Ferman

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2017
  19. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

guess I was lucky...1st and only place I have come/been to...

Primotenore and dustmite like this.
  20. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Shake it off................:shocked003:

mrchick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.