How do you DRINK your coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

I'll have to try it out once, although i don't think i have seen cardamum anywhere in the shops here. But I'm sure i will digg it out somewhere :)

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

5 cups in the morning: New Orleans blend coffee and chicory- Hot, light brown and VERY sweet.

GeneRector likes this.
  3. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

A double shot of espresso!

4. R33F

R33F Well-Known Member

Either a Long Black, or a Long Black with a dash of cold milk.

According to the link below, the Long Black is called an "Americano' in most places.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_black

This would explain why last time I was in Starbucks the States / Hawaii and asked for a 'Long Black with a Dash of Cold Milk' the whole shop stopped (including staff) and stared at me like I had two heads...

:eatdrink013:

5. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:) Howdy! Guess I'm old fashion! I like to try different coffees; however, I mostly drink them without anything added. Dark roast coffees I will add some cream and sugar now and then. I buy whole coffee beans and grind my on occasionally. I don't like flavored coffees at all. Always, Gene

Monkeylord likes this.
  6. Not Telling

Not Telling Member

I use Illy beans I grind myself. I have a deep love of cowboy coffee. here's how I do it -

1. Using an army canteen cup, bring about 300mls of water to the boil - on a flame only, not an electric ring or induction pad since there's no fire involved that way. Fire adds flavour
    2. Dump in four big pinches of coffee grounds
    3. Let sit for 5 min
    4. Tap the rim of the cup sharply with a spoon, bayonet, adjustable wrench/shifting spanner or entrenching tool - this settles the grounds. You can also add a splash of cold water if you prefer - but ONLY do one or the other - using both methods of settling the grounds is bad jujju and the Caffeine Gods will smite you.
    5. Drink - I like my coffee dark and bitter, like my women.

Note: If cowboy coffee drunk out of a canteen cup doesn't have a high enough Manliness Quotient, it is entirely permissible to invoke Step 4.5 - pour coffee into a muddy bootprint.

7. Rvltn123

Rvltn123 New Member

With a touch of cream.

I change-up the beans and grind at home. My go-to daily maker for the past year is an AeroPress (prior was a French press)---great for single servings. And every once in a while, I'll make an 8-cup batch with my cold-water coffee dripper.

8. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

I live at Starbucks and only drink decaf espresso. I know, what's the point, right!

9. maxpower

maxpower Member

Just started drinking coffee after hating it for 30+ years. Bought me an Aeropress (hope to get a burr grinder soon). The Aeropress makes a double strength, Espresso like, coffee.

My current modus operandi: mornings I drink my coffee with Turbinado sugar (sometimes use flavored creams, w/butter pecan being my favorite, instead of sugar) and frothed milk. On weekend afternoons I drink iced coffee. Turbinado sugar with milk (not frothed), Kaluha and lots of ice.

The last coffee I purchased was roasted locally. It has been my favorite so far. But then I have only been drinking coffee for about a month. :)

I hope to work my way up to black, regular drip coffee. That is what is available at work.

10. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Try it "cowboy" style , we call it "turkish coffee" in the balkans, Just boil some water and add coffee and sugar in it, and bring it to boil again (you just have to watch out it doesn't boil over the pot, because it rises up) then just let it sit for a min or two and pour in to a cup (some like it with the foam on top but i avoid it). You may like it. It is my favourite way to drink coffee :)

11. Rvltn123

Rvltn123 New Member

+1. I enjoyed drinking coffee this way when visiting Armenia and Turkey. I would add a little bit of sugar too.

Monkeylord likes this.
  12. iambatman85

iambatman85 Well-Known Member

I enjoy my coffee with one cream and one sugar. Love to grind it myself and my favorite is Jamacian me crazy.

13. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Love my coffee with milk and sugar.But only the first cup in the morning when i woke up.The rest of the day my coffee is black as the night.I love it.I bought some "syrup" for my coffee with almond and caramel taste.That´s really great.The day starts very fine with a good cup of coffee in the morning.:drool:

14. California Cajun

California Cajun Active Member

15. ChrisC1977

ChrisC1977 Well-Known Member

I like coffee many ways. My wife and I will make cappuccinos usually. We don't add sugar often. Sometimes we will make a pot of regular coffee. I use a bit of 50/50 cream. Sometimes black. We buy our coffee online wholebean from the same place for the last 7 to 8 years.

16. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Cappuccino is great as well. I like it when i'm in the City, sitting in a Café and watch the World around me. Great!!! :)

17. puros_bran

puros_bran Active Member

Coffee is like wet shaving. There are many incorrect ways to attempt enjoyment of the pursuit but only one proper way. ;)

Coffee anyway but black and hot, made in ones own kitchen, poured into a ceramic mug is a blasphemous abomination. :rolleyes:

18. Monty Craig

Monty Craig Member

With my mouth!

Black... :eatdrink013:

19. Abu Lam'yaa

Abu Lam'yaa Member

French pressed, coconut milk/oil.

Peace

20. dimmerswitch

dimmerswitch Active Member