How do you DRINK your coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Apr 6, 2012.

1. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Mhhh,coconut milk/oil.Sounds great.I should try this...

2. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    "Black as Night and Sweet as Sin",,, 1 tsp of Agave Nectar solves the sweet problem :p

3. jarv

jarv New Member

Yuban in a french press, black. Pretty good for a cheap ground coffee...but then again I'd rather drink coffee from a diner than a Starbucks or Winans.

4. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I like it black. I'm jealous, I can't make a decent cup of coffee to save my soul. I don't like our coffee at home and we have a French press a Drip coffee maker and just got a Keurig. I do have hope for the Keurig but hopefully we just haven't found the right coffee.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  5. Alpha Lyra

Alpha Lyra Active Member

with half & half

Monty Craig likes this.
  6. Jayjo

Jayjo Member

Black with no sugar

johnus likes this.
  7. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Black. there's another way?

8. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

Absolutely, mine with a teaspoon of cane sugar, and if I'm not driving a shot of grappa!!!

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nope :eatdrink013:

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Through a straw at the moment.

Mouth is numb from my dentist appointment today. Didn't feel like having a wet t-shirt contest.

Smooth Operator and alpla444 like this.
  11. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

That can be a bit awkward especially when the lower jaw is anesthetized and the mandibular nerve goes out sometimes it takes down a part of the face, chin, lips,tongue and so on :D

12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yeah, hardly being able to close my eye is the weirdest feeling.

13. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

Hot. And in a cup. :rofl:

ohpaos, 178-bplatoon and swarden43 like this.
  14. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

i drink it black in a paper disposable cup.

15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Black, as long as it's a light or medium roast. I don't really care for the french roast, it just tastes burnt to me.

My favorite though is italian espresso with a teaspoon of sugar. I had espresso at Starbuck's a couple of times and didn't care for it, then I went to Milan and had authentic italian espresso, it was fantastic. The problem now is that anytime I order espresso in the US, I end up disappointed.

Monty Craig likes this.
  16. ins0ma

ins0ma Well-Known Member

I buy whole bean coffee in small batches from local roasters, there's a few here that I favor. Grind using a (factory-refurbished) Baratza Virtuoso, extract with a Technivorm Moccamaster with a gold filter for a very clean, consistent cup, much better than I get in most places unless I'm ordering espresso. I then pollute with raw sugar and organic half & half.

I had a low-end espresso machine for a few years, which was pretty good in the beginning but as time went on it started leaking steam, producing wildly variable pulls, and being generally disagreeable enough to warrant replacement. I concluded that to do espresso "right" at home I'd need to invest about $1K, which is a lot, especially since I've always enjoyed drip coffee and found myself missing it during my espresso phase. I'd read good things about Technivorms while researching espresso machines, and bought one at local business. The Virtuoso grinder is a perfect companion to it, and I'm very happy with the quality of coffee I make at home. Changing the grind setting by a click or two often brings out different flavors in the coffee varieties I buy, and I think it'll be a while before I feel the need to venture into espresso-at-home territory again.

Lately I've been into Ethiopian varieties, particularly the ones with heavy fruit notes. The first time I really tasted the blueberries in a small batch it was game-changing.

[​IMG]

Smooth Operator and HolyRollah like this.
  17. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Hey, that's my set-up as well.
    I enjoy a good, rich, piping-hot dark roast done either in the Technivorm or via French-press. Both methods produce a HOT robust cup with rich oils and good mouth-feel.
    I prefer No sugar, no sweetener, no milk; no nuttin.' Just black as nature intended. ;)

I started roasting my own beans at home about 3-4 years ago, and I have really been spoiled by the freshness and vibrancy of flavor in freshly-roasted beans.
    It requires more effort on my part, but some of the finer things in life are worth the investment.

A fresh batch of rich, French-roast blend that will 'rest' overnight before being sampled...
    [​IMG]

Smooth Operator and ins0ma like this.
  18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Picked up a new, to me, coffee from Starbucks - their Pike Place.

[​IMG]

It's not a bad coffee at all - but even though it is 'just' a medium roast I do find that I miss the deeper coffee flavors that I get from a lighter roast.
    I'll obviously finish it but then it's back to light roasts for this guy :)

PatrickA51 and Monty Craig like this.
  19. Rapidray

Rapidray Well-Known Member

I pass it to the nearest person to me...I don't drink coffee...we were stationed England, so I was raised on tea. ;)

PanChango and Darkbulb like this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

:signs089: :eatdrink013: