How do you like your coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Oscar, Dec 31, 2010.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

My tastes in coffee have simply drifted to the dark side.
    I totally get the supposed disadvantages of going 'dark roast'—muting of some of the beans' flavor and/or brightness, complexity, increased risk of bitterness, even the loss of some caffeine—but my taste buds prefer a oily & heavy mouth feel with a hint of bitterness and sweetness intermingled; no milk, no sugar, no foam, no syrup nor sprinkles.

I still do, however, enjoy a good, well-made cup of joe no matter the roast color of the bean. ;)

Bama Samurai and Darkbulb like this.
  2. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Peaberry, in a moka pot, creamer but no sugar, or. . .

Quad Americano with whipped cream.

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I go toward dark/espresso roasts all the time. I don't care for "brightness and acidity". I prefer coffee to have more in common with tobacco flavor than herbal tea.

4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I like me coffee cold...just like me shaves... :happy102:

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That's a hoot! :happy097:

wristwatchb likes this.
  6. jwr0201

jwr0201 Active Member

Nice and strong with raw sugar and cream. Along with a nice dark quality Maduro cigar!

7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

The sugar & cream I get, but doesn't the cigar get a bit soggy in the coffee? :D

jwr0201 likes this.
  8. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

Black with two raw sugars

9. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I'm a dark roast lover.

At home and work it is an espresso or machiato. If I go to a coffee shop it's con pana.

I have a Jura at home and office. Everything is adjustable so I can a dark mean jolt of joe.

10. jwr0201

jwr0201 Active Member

NAAAA - just adds a little fiber to the diet!!! :D

HolyRollah likes this.
  11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I like Starbucks Kimodo Dragon. Very dark and strong

12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I find the kimodo to be a decent roast as well.
    I've had the opportunity over the past 3 months to sample a fairly broad variety of Starbucks beans—some common and some limited releases.
    I usually receive two one-pound packs of whole beans every Saturday (free!) from my son's GF, who works at Starbucks and doesn't drink coffee.
    Some were quite good (Cafe Verona, Kimodo, Christmas blend) while others weren't my 'cup of tea.' ;)

On a similar note: we've just replaced our office coffee service ( a variety of Xterra coffee & tea packets used in a Flavia machine) with a Keurig unit and boxes of Peet's pods.....:):eatdrink047::happy093:

13. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

I agree it's their best.

14. Sevenbark

Sevenbark Well-Known Member

A light to medium single bean, black please cream every now and then for a twist. Hopefully from my favorite micro roaster.
    http://threebearscoffee.com/

15. Doubletrouble

Doubletrouble Member

I like mine in an I/V with a tube right to the vein. If that's not an option then usually maxwell house at home from our bunn coffee maker or at work its folgers black silk in the keurig on my desk. Either location I take 2 sugar 2 creamer. Both a medium roast. The black silk being a bit stronger of the two.

16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Freshly ground Sumatra beans right now. Percolator on gas stove and always BLACK. :)

17. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I drink my coffee black. No milk, no creamer, no sugar, or sweetener.

Erik Redd and Darkbulb like this.
  18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

A post suitable for "The manliest thing you did today"-thread.

I write as I sip the last of my light, no-fat, grande frap with no whip.

Ryan B and HolyRollah like this.
  19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Just like with razor blades - coffee is a total YMMV.
    I like a lot of the sbux coffee but found their Komodo Dragon to be very pedestrian.

20. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Use of the phrase '...sip the last of my light grande frap with no whip' may permanently exclude the user from the 'manliest thing' thread mentioned above… ;):D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015