How do you make your coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Dec 11, 2011.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

No doubt.......:happy088:

2. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

wow I was just looking through here and misread the title as "how often do you make your coffee?" Guess I need some huh? or better yet some rest.

Fred Hill likes this.
  3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

...or simply post the reply: "As often as I need it!"—and leave it at that. We understand.

BigMark likes this.
  4. Technium

Technium Active Member

I use our Delonghi machine to make two shots from fresh ground beans and make an iced latte out of them. I usually make one in the afternoon as well.

BigMark likes this.
  5. goodmoodmike

goodmoodmike Member

Simple French press and grind up the beans right before using. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412032725.678122.jpg

Technium likes this.
  6. Technium

Technium Active Member

I can almost smell those right now!

7. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

That sounds amazing.

8. Technium

Technium Active Member

I certainly enjoy them...though I would be better off only having one a day. That machine is a workhorse. We've had it about 8 years...never had a thing go wrong with it. If it broke tomorrow (and couldn't be fixed), I'd head out and get the exact same machine.

9. RazorZombie

RazorZombie Member

Depending on how quick I need my cup of go juice I either use a Cafejo My French Press (kind of like a cheap Aeropress for K-cups) or a french press and grind just as much as I need with a little manual burr grinder.

May add Kalita's little Chemex-style pour over thing to my arsenal of caffeinated water producing tools soon, though.

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I am taking a few days off to unpack some boxes that have sat since I moved here in September. Found my good ol' Sunbeam Coffeemaster C30a (not mine, just the same model)...

[​IMG]

I perked up some Peet's Maj. Dickason's and a bit of salt and eggshell. Smoothest cup I've perked in a while.

(not me...)

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I use a French press and like it a lot. Good coffee and easy to make and clean up! Today I made it with fresh ground La Costa Rica Minita from Happy Mug in Ohio. They have some wonderful coffee

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    gorgo2 and rweb82 like this.
  12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

After nearly 4.5 years of regular use, the Technivorm Moccamaster is still working flawlessly. A BIG investment initially—but in the long run, well-worth the cost.
    Another big pot of fresh-ground coffee in just under six minutes…piping hot, too! The closest drip I've had that rivals a good french-press cup.

Making the ideal drip cup….

gorgo2 likes this.
  13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That video was hilarious. Thanks!

14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

The same guy who made the coffee maker video...also...made a shaving video :D

15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yeah, it was a bit weird.

He's right about the gasket. Mine is fine, but the unit is shot if that gasket is dried, shrunk or cracked badly enough. About once a year I coat it with silicone, let it sit, then wipe it down. So far, so good.

And at the end of the cycle, it sure does sound like a rocket taking off.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I used to use an FP. Then I started using old percs, and the FP became my mineral oil dunk tank for orphaned razors. :) They still make good good java, though.

17. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I don't think I can acquire a taste for mineral oil with razors, but I suppose one never knows until they try….;)

18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Fresh pot of Peet's this morning. Definitely blows Folgers out of the tub.

19. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I watched this when I was trying to decide on a coffee maker in the summer. I went with the Bonavita because it was half the price of the Technivorm and the reviewer indicated it was the "best buy". It was $160 and doesn't have many features other than making a great pot of coffee. I'm very pleased with it after 4 months of use.

HolyRollah likes this.
  20. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

In hind sight, had the Bonavita been available, I may have gone that route & save few bucks. No regrets with the Technivorm, mind you, as it is as reliable an appliance as I've ever owned. But I'm usually a bit more frugal when it comes to purchases. Convincing the wife we needed a $230+ coffee maker required some effort. :D