How do you make your coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I think so too, the smell of fresh ground beans is just so much better than the pre-ground.

Paul Turner likes this.
  2. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I pull the lever on the dispenser at Bakehouse.

3. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

After two large containers of Nescafe Azera, I tried the Kenco version: Millicano.

[​IMG]

I think I prefer the Azera, the Millicano is good but more a refined instant than ground coffee. Whilst the Azera is more a ground coffee taste.

4. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Lavazza Crema & Gusto Kalita Wave pour over

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I use my trusty Mr. Coffee which is looking very outdated compared to the new models but it still works great. Still using Folgers. :)

6. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I got a French Press for Christmas. I also went and bought a coffee grinder and some coffee beans from a coffeeshop downtown. It's called Sumatra. I think this is the best gift I've ever received. I have been using it for a few weeks and am running low on coffee beans. I should go get some more soon. It's not really that much work to use every morning and it's definitely worth the time spent.

HolyRollah and Robyflexx like this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Since a coffee roaster just moved into town, my first cup of the day is French press method. Cups two and (sometimes) three are either outright k-cups or the fresh ground with the k-cup adapter thingy.

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I do Folgers, Max House, and occasionally the fancy ones(Peet, Starbux)

Robyflexx likes this.
  9. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

+1 Max House also. :)

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

the sound of the beans grinding is similar to that of a bingo game, I'd say. (That is, before the caller does his job).

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

I'm not familiar with "Le Press Francais". Sounds nice.

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. ram57

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

In college, I would bring my own coffee cup to the cafeteria for week-end brunches. I'd get too tired of styrafoam.

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I'm not normally a fan of most coffees from Starbucks, but since my youngest son began working there just before Christmas, I've been blessed with some bags of premium, fresh-roasted bags of various coffees—and some are quite good! Recently he brought home a freshly-roasted bag of 'Casi Cielo,' —Spanish for “almost Heaven,” from the Antigua region of Guatemala—described as, "subtle floral aromas, an alluring brightness and a smooth cocoa finish." A very smooth cup, with a tasty cocoa finish. :happy088: Brewed in the Technivorm.

SafariScreenSnapz680.jpg

ram57, Robyflexx and Jasman like this.
  15. ram57

Interesting. Haven't seen that bag over at either of the two Starbucks that I have been to and one is right across the street from the office. My preferred coffee is Guatemalan so going to have to call around the city to see who has this on in stock.

16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Guy, it's a limited release and may or may not be available, other than online—for a short period of time.

ram57 likes this.
  17. ram57

Thanks Kevin. I was just informed by some women in the office that our Target stores have Starbucks in them so I'll have to check them out too.

18. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Just an old Mr Coffee drip type. I still use Folgers as it was what I was weaned on in the service. I like the truck stop taste and just don't care for that fancy tasting stuff.

19. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Heat water to 200 degrees F
    Measure .6 oz of coffee beans
    Grind beans
    Pour coffee grounds into unbleached filter in my Chemex
    Pour 1 oz of the hot water over the grounds and allow to bloom
    Pour 6 oz of hot water over the grounds, circling around to evenly extract, then pause briefly while the bed sets.
    Pour the last 4 oz of water over the top

Enjoy delicious coffee.

20. ram57