How do you store and/or carry your Aftershaves?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Weasel640, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

What do you all use to decant into and or use for travel Aftershave storage?

I meant to post this earlier but got busy.

So I will typically shower and shave at work 2-5 times a week. Due to this I've made a kit that I can pack up easily to take with me. Now I don't want to take my vintage Aftershave bottles back and worth to work. So I started decanting them into 1 FL. OZ. or 1/2 FL. OZ. pump bottles. These use the same type of pump as lotions. This makes it way easier to slip in an Aftershave with no worry, and I can regulate more closely how much I use. Here is some of the line up:

IMG_20171014_211658_265.jpg

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Nice job on the printed labels!
    I don't travel much so haven't encountered the problem of packing AS bottles. I do decant into glass, especially Pinaud products. Vintage Avon comes in all those weird bottles so if I was bringing any for a ride your storage method would be great.

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I don't do a lot of traveling and just use these glass pump spray bottles. When I do, I just wrap what I need in a towel.........

20171022_152607_preview.jpg

4. Weasel640

Thanks. Yeah those Avon bottles definitely do not travel well. But look nice sitting on the Guest bathroom counter. I need to replace the pen in the Spice quill tho it's all dried up now..

How do you like the spraying aspect? I was thinking of that route but I hate spraying bug spray, etc. on my face. Also I figured an aftershave splash would be better splashed from a lotion pump. Do you find you use more or less with the spray? How is the dry down feel vs splashing?

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I usually spray it into palm then apply it to my face. I may spray it directly to my neck afterwards.

6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I use the little spray bottles. I spray it on my neck and then rub it on my face. The spray bottles keep me from using too much so I use them at home a lot too.

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I leave them in the bottle they came in.

EnglishChannel likes this.
  8. Weasel640

I guess that is what I do minus the neck part. Spay the neck without the spraying pump.

It also helps with rotating them too. You can see one may be getting low so you switch to another sooner. For this reason I have larger bottles for the modern stuff. Less need to ration use.

Even for traveling? I'd be weary of carrying a 4 FL. OZ. bottle of Aqua Velva Surf, or Frost Lime, etc. with me in my kit.

PLAla and jimjo1031 like this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

Aftershave is so plentiful you can pick up a bottle at any drug store, use it and pour it out before you leave.
    If one stays at a decent hotel they will provide you with whatever you need.

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Remember my sad hotel story about running out of shaving cream so I bought a full Gillette Foamy at a nearby supermarket without looking closer to see if they had travel creams? One use of the big one(the day I was leaving)and I had to throw it out. Wasteroo, baby. I should have considered your idea, too.

11. Weasel640

Yeah, I don't think that you can just pick those two up anymore, and I won't be pouring them out anytime soon. The modern stuff doesn't smell right anymore.

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. RaZorBurn123

Stay home. Shaving has never been so complicated.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  13. Weasel640

Yeah, not an option. And not that complicated. You fill some smaller bottles and rotate the ones you take with you. Not hard at all, and adds convenience. Not really seeing an issue.

14. RaZorBurn123

No issue, you look like you have a good system going.

15. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

16. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Love it. Like really love it.

mrchick likes this.
  17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I thought those were football game pants. Or going fishing in Canada pants.

Ijustmissedthe50s and mrchick like this.
  18. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

That too

PickledNorthern likes this.
  19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Aren’t those dopp kits meant to carry one’s shaving supplies for travel? That’s what I always used. Room for razors, brushes, aftershaves (decanted or regular bottles) & balms.
    I do prefer the smaller 4oz bottles for travel.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.