How Many Of You Cheat

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Marine68, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

:happy102:

DaltonGang likes this.
  2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

While I don't post on other sites I do peruse the BST sections.

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That right there is just plain funny... BULLY!!!

You don't own cats....they hang around and let you care for them.

You are welcome at any time.

We don't judge. At TOST ... :D

Marine68, DaltonGang and Slipperyjoe like this.
  4. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I joined a few different sites when I first started wet shaving. Now 99% of my interaction is here. I peruse the fragrance sections of other sites but rarely engage in the conversation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Marine68 likes this.
  5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I do believe I have an account at both B&B and TSN. I say I believe I do because I haven't logged on to either in a couple of years if that recently. I do have some of the B&B pages bookmarked in my browser for research purposes as it does have some really fine archived material. I found the live crowd, however, to be rather less than helpful or even interesting to talk to. TSN just never had enough activity to hold my attention. I actually discovered this forum third but have never shut up since joining. Compared to the other two I've tried this place beats them hands down in most ways.

6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

But, I promise all those other sites meant nothing to me!!!! :angry017:

Marine68 and Spyder like this.
  7. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

TSD is the only forum that "tolerates" cart shavers. Many of us use carts out of necessity and some critical discussion about carts is needed but that doesn't seem to matter to the other fanatical forums.

Primotenore, Spyder and Marine68 like this.
  8. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

B&B (okay, I cheat) does as well, at least as much as they tolerate anything. They have a subforum devoted to "Modern Shaving Systems".

Spyder and Marine68 like this.
  9. CaseyS

CaseyS Active Member

I think I'm on 6 forums now. I'm relatively new to this hobby so I'm trying to absorb all I can.

10. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

You need Dr. Phil LOL

Redrock, Spyder and CaseyS like this.
  11. CaseyS

CaseyS Active Member

I tend to obsess over my hobbies. For a while it was woodworking, then it was electric and acoustic guitars, then it was road biking, etc., etc.

12. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

Hahaha this is great. The only other shaving forum I’ve ever looked at is a raffle page on Facebook my friend invited me to. All they do is raffles and I don’t have any money to spend on something I won’t receive, so I just let their posts show up on my feed as I scroll by. I’ve been missing for a few months, but TSD is the only place I need to go for all the information, technique, and stories about shaving. TSD is also the only forum I’ve ever read about shaving. Joined just over a year and a half ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Shave My Face has been a ghost town for years, a far cry from the SMF of a decade ago.

Nobody mentioned Reddit wicked_edge? It is the largest wetshaving forum around.

Pilotcld likes this.
  14. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

What's this "cheating" crap?!!! The wet shaving community is global, and we should unite and share freely. We don't need to create another us versus them calamity! The Shave Den is my main squeeze, but I have friends all over the planet, and when doing an online search, I go where the info takes me. To do otherwise would be ignorant.

LevelupShaves and Shaver X like this.
  15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    TSN has a very revered member who now uses an electric. So, I would have to say there is definitely tolerance over there. I actually do post there and on DFS. There are fine members at both of these other Fora.

16. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

Well I might cheat a little more then....

wchnu likes this.
  17. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

That's for darned sure. A lot of people seem to view forum participation like a test of sports team loyalty. IMHO, that is nuts. It's shaving for Pete's sake.

+1000 :)

TobyC likes this.
  18. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

I took it as more of a joking kind of cheat most people are in multiple forums I’m sure.

TobyC likes this.
  19. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I don't have issue with folks on multiple forums. I took the cheating as a joke as well. I just never really found my "group" on other forums. I did here. And even here most of my interaction is on one thread. I can't keep up with much more than that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

LevelupShaves likes this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

BULLY!!