How many pucks of soap do you have?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Morning Shave, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Morning Shave

Morning Shave Well-Known Member

Right now, how many pucks of soap to you have? Do you rotate them or just use what the moment strikes you? And lastly, do you keep them moist?

2. Alejandro S

Alejandro S Active Member

Did my wife put you up to this?

Dansco, MR41, emkeane and 12 others like this.
  3. Morning Shave

I won't tell (just between us guys).

MR41, Joef and youngunn like this.
  4. Alejandro S

Alejandro S Active Member

I have about 8 or 9. There is no method,I grab what strikes my fancy at the moment. This decision occupies about 5 minutes of my day...seriously. it's a sickness!

Dansco, MR41 and Spud like this.
  5. Morning Shave

You guys are starting to make me feel normal....

Dansco, MR41, Spyder and 1 other person like this.
  6. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I have 8 full size soaps and 18 sample size. 6 of the samples are creams. All the soaps are kept pretty dry except for Williams and MWF. Those I keep moist. I choose whatever strikes my fancy when I open the cabinet.

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Over 100. And no I don't keep them moist. Why would I want them to be moist?

8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

More than some…
    Considerably fewer than others here.
    (see Kerry's post above mine) ;)
    Estimate less than 50; more than 30.

9. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Kevin
    I'm not too far behind you. And that's not counting the dozen or so I have in my travel kit.(in the RV)

Dansco and Primotenore like this.
  10. Morning Shave

I only have three (underprivileged). I keep them moist (with absorbed water to soften) because I find them easier and faster to make lather.
    You guys are a bad influence on me:)

macaronus likes this.
  11. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck...

12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

You can add water while you take a bath/shower, no need for the soap to remain in a constant moist state.

macaronus and Primotenore like this.
  13. Morning Shave

Thanks, always happy to learn.

macaronus likes this.
  14. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I've got about 15-20 soaps, I just grab what I feel like using. Don't keep them moist, just bloom them with water before use and then let them dry again after the shave.

Dansco likes this.
  15. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have quite a large soap collection. Not sure exactly how many, because I have a lot of samples as well.

I personally don't have a strict rotation, I just choose whatever sounds good at the moment, which is part of the true freedom of wet shaving IMO.

As far as keeping soaps moist, I wouldn't recommend it, usually keep the lid off soap for an hour or more before putting it away. Have had no problems this way. I may also want to add that I sometimes pick up any left over lather and put it in the brush, so there is less water on the soap itself. Keeping the soap moist can cause it to change consistency, or cause it to be used up quicker (some people do this on porpoise).

16. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Either yours or mine...:sad038:

17. Primotenore

Article Team
    Agreed. I have no proof of this, but keeping them moist 24/7 seems to me to be inviting mold growth.

18. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I have two tubes of cream, 17 soaps, and one in route from the U.K. I typically decide which soap I'm gonna use while showering. I'm not one that blooms my soap, I just put them away......

Dansco and Double Edge Dougy like this.
  19. Primotenore

Article Team
    I'll take an inventory tomorrow and report back the findings. (gotta remember to find that abacus...) ;)

20. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I could have counted my three pucks of Williams, but I question it they really count as shave soap;)

Dansco and Double Edge Dougy like this.