How many shaving creams do you own?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Rusty blade, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

How many shave creams do you own? (Exclude soap pucks and croaps). Do you have a favourite among your creams? I have recently been trying many of the budget shave creams like Ingram, Derby and Palmolive. Great products! I currently own 7 creams and two more are in the mail.

Screwtape, Bobcat, Zykris and 3 others like this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

One. The rest are soaps.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BigMark83, Zykris and Rusty blade like this.
  3. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I have about 10. My all time favorite cream so far is Taylor's Avocado. Super slick and not too much scent. Fresh "green" small.

Screwtape, Redrock, Bobcat and 2 others like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Cremo Original & Cooling, maybe one more shave from a tube of C.O.Bigelow (got a tub of Poraso Green already), a tube of Scentsy brand cream, maybe a dozen samples I've yet to try, plus a bit of some hard menthol tallow Peppermint Patty Beta Test cream I'm hoarding.

5. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Good thing you are hoarding it because it will never ever be made again :p

To the OP...Proraso Green and americanshamrock's own are the only shaving creams that I have.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I keep it in the fridge to maintain freshness. Since I switched to cool tap water for lather, using cold shave cream makes sense.

7. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Cremo Original, AoS sandalwood, and Clubman Classic Barber (my favorite, I guess, since I mix a little of it with Williams puck).

Zykris and Rusty blade like this.
  8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Not a big fan of creams.
    That said, just this morning I lathered up with C O Bigelow. Since that's an easy score locally, I'll keep some in stock.

Also have:
    Tom's of Maine - discontinued
    KMF Unscented - I keep this on hand for the rare times I wind up with too much water or for a soap that I like the scent of but lathers poorly. Woods of Windsor was a soap I really like the scent of but it lathered poorly. A bit of the KMF unscented boosted the lather without masking the scent of the Wow.
    KMF Cool Mint - not much menthol.

Joanna makes a great wheat cream I've used.

Yehuda D, Screwtape, Zykris and 2 others like this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I may 30+ I enjoy using creams, when I started I didn't like creams. I've been blessed by a very generous member here who sent me some of the best creams I've used (Russian)
    I tend to use a different product on my face and head. Creams get used often for my head.

Screwtape, Zykris, RyX and 2 others like this.
  10. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Only one which is The Body Shop Maca Root and the rest is all tallow soaps

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

If this post still exists after I try Kiss My Face and Cremo, I'll be qualified to answer. I probably won't try them until I get down to my last Rise can.

Yehuda D, Screwtape, Zykris and 2 others like this.
  12. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

I prefer soaps, but have collected a number of creams because of the hype on the internets.
    Here is what I currently have:
    Pacific Shave Company - Caffeinated Shave Cream
    C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream
    The Real Shave Cream Co. Shave Cream
    Kiss My Face Cool Mint Shaving Cream
    The Art of Shaving Lavender Shave Cream
    Axe Denim Lather Shaving Cream

That is 6 shave creams... more than enough.

13. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Six. The Proraso blue is almost gone. I am enjoying creams more and more .

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

I forgot about KMF. I have a nearly new jug of Peaceful Patchouli!
    (My next shave has been inspired! ;)@RaZorBurn123 )

Screwtape, Rusty blade and Spyder like this.
  15. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I enjoy creams and don't really want to count them. I would guess somewhere around 15 to 20 different creams.

Right now I have Tobs Avocado, CTAPT SC, and Palmolive Menthol in rotation with a couple soaps.

When I finish one, I will add another from the box.

16. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

I believe I own 3, The Body Shop, Taylor Eton College, and Cremo Cooling. I can't ever get the lather I like out of them.

17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Zero, I only have pucks.

18. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Active Member

I'm a newbie and a lady. I just placed an order for TOBS rose & Trumpers violet. Can't wait to try them. My faves before were Kiss My Face 4 in 1 fragrance free and Cremo original. I've got my eye on Mama Bear's buttercream and creme brulee. :)

19. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Although I enjoy creams, I mostly use soaps for some reason.
    But I guess I have between 10-15 full size containers of creams in addition to a few dozen samples.
    I have both old and new versions of the green Proraso in addition to the blue and red versions. I am curious about their latest offerings, but I have yet to pull the trigger.
    Furthermore I have creams from Fitjar Soap, Erasmic, GFT, TOOBS, Arko, TSD and The Body Shop.
    I may also have an unopened tube from Sir Irisch Moos somewhere.

20. RyX

RyX DoH!

I just recently got my first KMF - Peaceful Patchouli. Haven't used it enough to form a lasting impression.
    Cremo products are on my buy more when I run out list. Original is good, but Cooling is better. Purchased a tube of (no longer available) Lady Cremo for a lady friend but didn't try it myself. There's also a mango scent, and a sandalwood scent that may be my next in their line.

Isn't that now a discontinued product? I haven't had the pleasure and probably never will. Can you describe the scent?

Yehuda D, henningstigen and Screwtape like this.