How many shaving creams do you own?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Rusty blade, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I have 36 creams plus 3 samples I haven't tried yet. I like most of my creams just fine except for Dr. Bronner's. It's a non-lathering cream that I think makes good handsoap.

2. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I recently picked up a tube of Nivea Sensitive Shave Cream. Very inexpensive, great cream, lots of lather, great cushion, nice mild scent. I used to say Nivea Original Shave Cream was tops, but now I think we have a tie!

3. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I own 9 shave creams.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

4. henningstigen

henningstigen New Member

I have used Body shop for a long time.. So body shop and then i use oil too.

5. henningstigen

henningstigen New Member

I use a specific oil from a popular danish brand called ecooking, the scent is based on citrus (eg. lemon/lime) not a very distinctive scent.
    I feel it gives my beard the perfect texture :)

6. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I have:
    1. TOBS - Jermyn Street
    2. TBS - Maca Root
    3. Nivea
    4. La Toja in the tube
    5. Jack Black

Unfortunately, I rarely use them as I really prefer shave soap and have about 20 containers of them.

7. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

I have a few Shaving Creams.
    Arko Regular
    Proraso White
    I'Coloniali Rhubarb
    Nivea Mild
    I'Coloniali Rhubarb provides the best performance.
    Arko and Nivea are very good for the price.
    I like Proraso White,too but i do not think buying it again.

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Speaking of your #5, my local supermarket carries some Every Man Jack products including, I believe, a shaving cream tube. Just for kicks, I might give it a go someday, but I wouldn't know what aftershave to use..course I'm worrying too early, as I don't knoe the Every Man Jack scent.

john zeiger likes this.
  9. john zeiger

Hi Paul, I’m on vacation for 3 weeks so not able to use internet as frequently as usual. That said I USED the Jack Black this morning for my shave and it was nice but the not great. I used brushless which makes it handy in certain situations. Not an every dayer though IMO. Take care.

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You too, John, and have a GREAT vacation. (Some fancy faddists are beginning to call it VACA....I fight back with "VACATIO" lol....but naturally I prefer the REAL word).

john zeiger likes this.
  11. john zeiger

Thanks much Paul.

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. jeff fugate

jeff fugate Member

I own 6.

13. brit

brit in a box

frasers
    nivea
    derby lemon.
    la toja
    saponificio bignoli
    tobs.
    castle forbes
    truefitt and hill

14. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

In much better shape now. I used up a number of them, gave a few away, and binned one or two as well.

Now I have a half tub of TOBS Avocado in use with a couple soaps. In the stash I have 3 small tubes of CTAPT.

I still have too much soap, but my creams are under control.

15. SparrowPoint

SparrowPoint Active Member

Baum.be
    Fraser's
    LEA Classic
    AOS Sandalwood and Lemon

16. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Hundreds. Most recent good find is Carribean Lime...

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  17. henningstigen

henningstigen New Member

I use a multifunctional shaving oil from Ecooking. It's organic and has a nice smell of citrus.

18. Maximumsmoke

Maximumsmoke Active Member

Trying to slim down my stable of products. Right now, for creams, I have:

Palmolive Menthol - the Italian stuff - Rinfrescante al Mentolo
    Proraso in the green/white tube - the most commonly encountered rinfrescante stuff
    Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime

I really like the three listed above. I might always keep some of each. Did not like Creamo - thin and gummy - I don't want this stuff on any of my brushes. Did like Pinaud Clubman Shave Cream in the past, haven't tried the new one under that label. It's consistency is something like Creamo, but it is not so gummy and much better all around. Creamo's for kids (IMHO!;)). I like the function of all the Crabtree & Evelyn shave creams (the same, just different scents), but prefer the West Indian Lime scent version. Please, no creams (or pre-shaves) by Art of Shaving - can't stand the scents and oily feel. I can make anything work to give me a close and comfortable shave. I'd just rather use the above listed three.

I am a fan of lime scented stuff. But menthol? - I am a menthol freak. I would be open to try something more menthol rich than those on my list if anyone can suggest them. An example of my preferred degree of "mentholism" is Chiseled Face Cryogen. It is sold and packaged like a soap, but it is definitely a "croap". I mention it here not just as a menthol high-water mark, but because I use it like a cream. You pretty much have to -- a dab in the shave bowl, whipped up with the brush. It's wickedly cold. Top the experience off with Fine's Snake Bite and you will be crying ice-cold tears of joy for about 15 minutes. Snake Bite is just menthol and alcohol and water, so I no longer buy it, I just refill the bottle with Everclear and toss in a few menthol crystals (get a lifetime supply for about $4 on Amazon) - dilute with H2O to suit your tastes (not much in my case - I mean the water, not the taste;)). But I digress.

Cheers!
    Tony

19. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

I have:
    Speick Men
    Speick Men Active
    Proraso Geen (a hybrid of soap and cream ready in some kind of "bowl")

I have had:
    Kiss My Face

I listed them in order according to how I like them. Thus I like best Speick Men shaving cream and Kiss My Face is worst.

20. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I have two: TOBS Avocado and Proraso Red. I generally like soaps better, but there’s a time and place for everything, like a nice Sunday morning shave with cream and a badger brush.