How many soaps in your rotation?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rusty blade, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I doubt I could manage going through one whole puck before getting to the next. Especially being the "season-by-season" shaver I am. By that I mean, not EACH season, just the warm/hot, and cool/cold ones.

2. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I don't have a "rotation". I have a couple of drawers with all of my gear. I just look in one of them and ask myself what's new again.

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I recommend that you give it a shot at some point even if it is just for one puck/tube etc. It does take a little discipline, but you can learn a lot and get the most out of a soap. I came to the conclusion that if I couldn't tolerate it every day, then I shouldn't be using it at all and stepped away from a number of products. It also shows you how long a puck lasts and helped me curb my out of control soap buying habit. An Arko stick is small and wouldn't overlap seasons like an 8 month puck of MWF...

Enjoy your day.

4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Rotation? what's that? lol I just use whatever soap sounds good at the moment. Not enough discipline to keep a steady rotation, but I give a lot of credit to those that do.

5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Okay, by that line of thinking, I only have about seven. :)

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

well, I am forced to admit, I have been PONDERING the idea, since the first post on the subject came up. I'd have to decide which "one" it would be though, and that would be hard, now that I know so many great ones are out there.

7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

It's valid. Glad I could help.

8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That's where I'd like to be someday. Btw, the SC Love balm is wonderful! Not as strong as the soap but you definitely have a nice pleasant rose scent, super moisturizing.

9. Sid James

Sid James Well-Known Member

I've just realised I must be a bit of a skinflint. Buying soaps 'that may get used in 17 years' just seams a waste lol.

10. PickledNorthern

That is probably true for me too. I don't rotate my soaps. I just use what I am in the mood for. If one ends up not getting used it gets PIFfed.

11. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Just one soap for me, The Shave Den Lemongrass and Cedarwood at the moment. Occasionally, I rotate it out and immediately rotate it back in. :D

12. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I was looking through my long term soap storage box and I've decided to add 3 more soaps to my rotation, so now I am up to 17.

Primotenore and PickledNorthern like this.
  13. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Around 50. I have about 10 to 12 I really like and will replace. The test will get used in the next few years and go. t one point I may have been as high as 70.

14. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I don't have a rotation, so just one -- Stirling. Before that, it was Tabac for several years and before that it was MWF.
    The longest I've gone using a soap was Old Spice, which I used for about 25 years.

I'm a boring wet shaver!

15. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

6 soaps and 2 tubed creams.

About that many that are ready to go into the rotation as soon as I use up what I have in the current rotation.

Primotenore likes this.
  16. Jeeves of Hudson Street

Jeeves of Hudson Street Active Member

been using the same 8 or so soaps for awhile, the rest seem to sit much longer between uses

Primotenore likes this.
  17. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

@DesertTime you're not a boring wet shaver, you're just a cheap skate wet shaver :p:D

Primotenore likes this.
  18. PickledNorthern

Nah, he just uses Stirling. Once you find that, why go anywhere else?

Primotenore, DesertTime and Robyflexx like this.
  19. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I'm down to 5 having just finished 2 pucks in the last 6 weeks. I usually have 7 on hand. I plan on reordering shortly. Based on previous samples looks like Stirling "Orange Chill" and Route 66 "Perfect Storm" will get the nod to get my rotation back up to snuff.

20. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I just finished setting up my rotation.I will go top to bottom left to right:[​IMG]

In the bowl a have a grated stick of La Toja

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk