How Often Do You Shave?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Legend In My Spare Time, Feb 13, 2017.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:happy088:
    I shave every day for work. I love it. This 3 day weekend gives me a nice base for the upcoming week. The shave Monday is gonna be great! Tuesday will be fine with a little less stubble than normal and the week progresses from there. Shave On!

crackstar and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. RetLEO-07

3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I shave every day and maybe skip 1 day in a year. Some days when I have an evening social engagement I will shave a second time.

crackstar and Bama Samurai like this.
  4. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

Usually every other day but I occasionally get lazy and grow it out for a couple of weeks before hacking it off again. It was easier when my little one was smaller and wasn't capable of running around tearing the house down while I shave.

5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm a daily shaver. In fact I probably get in about 380 shaves a year with the occasional evening shave.

crackstar, BigMike and Bama Samurai like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Show off!

crackstar and mrchick like this.
  7. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I can go from BBS at 6:00 am to sand paper face in the evening. I'll often do a one pass evening shave when I have a date night with my wife. I follow it up with a nice aftershave and she likes it

RyX, Bama Samurai and PickledNorthern like this.
  8. RetLEO-07

I had a BBS this morning at 0730. It's 2105 and I already have proto-stubble. By the time I shave in the morning there will be measurable stubble to shave off. I am one lucky s o b!

mrchick and Bama Samurai like this.
  9. whaap

whaap Active Member

I'm 82, retired and have a beard. I shave my neck about every third day.

RyX and Legend In My Spare Time like this.
  10. Jarvis

Jarvis Active Member

I shave every day just because I enjoy it.

RyX likes this.
  11. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

I used to shave every day but I let it grow 2-3 days at most before I shave now. My wife likes a little stubble but after 2 days I usually have to shave it.

mrchick likes this.
  12. RetLEO-07

Now, that's the best reason right there.

Bama Samurai and mrchick like this.
  13. hamoncan

hamoncan Member

Same here, heavy beard but somewhat sensitive skin so I shave every 2nd day. There's something more satisfying about shaving a long thick stubble anyways and the shave feels closer for some reason. Got to be careful with the stubble around the baby though, those tender cheeks scratch so easily - the wife isn't always a fan either, I must have hard/sharp stubble.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

crackstar likes this.
  14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Me too, a tough beard but I shave every morning without fail.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  15. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Well, with a few upgrades to my gear and tweeks to my technique with the advice found on this forum, I'm able to shave near daily now. Finally get to indulge in my hobby more and more. This is great!

16. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Me too, and plus my skin would be irritated if I shaved every day.

17. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

I skip about one Saturday every 3 weeks. So mostly, an everyday shaver.
    If my skin is cut, nicked, or irritated from the previous shave, I just do a one pass with the grain and call it good. By the second day, it is usually healed.

18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I generally shave every day I work. If I am off a few days I will sometimes let it grow out some and use something fun like a razor with teeth to wack the growth off.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  19. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

That's what I am talking about!

20. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I would say 6-8 times a week. I sometimes take a day off, but I am also a guy that can shave twice a day too.