How to use fresh Aloe Vera gel

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Boojum1, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

This month I harvested some fresh Aloe Vera which grows on my property. I had earlier watched a You Tube video on "How To Make Aloe Vera Gel".

This information was also useful.

Well, I was able to collect a little over three cups of gel. I used a garden variety blender rather than a food processor. I recently began using the gel as a Toner in my SOTD posts. I bought an amber pump bottle from Specialty Bottle and mixed the gel (3 to 1) with Dickinsons Witch Hazel and some menthol. The texture of the Toner is slimy but it dries quickly and it's incredibly COOL and soothing.
    I'm wondering how else I can use the gel?

KLF, Spud, JBSharp and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Big fan of traditional remedies! keep it up!

Boojum1 likes this.
  3. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Keep some in the kitchen to treat minor burns.

RaZorBurn123, Boojum1 and Spud like this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

hair treatment (conditioner) and/or light gel substitute.

6. macintoshBR

macintoshBR Active Member

I have a big aloe vera at my mom's. Will have to give it a try. The yellow stuff he shows on the video is disgusting!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  7. KLF

KLF Doctorin

Do you need refrigerate it ? We have an aloe vera near our building and sometimes use it fresh, my kids love to rub the gel on skin scratches

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

If you can, the simplest thing to do is just to get some directly from the plant, when needed. But of you extract a batch & put it in a jar, yes you should refrigerate it. You could also add some Vit. C as a preservative.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I was always taught to cut away from your body. When I was 15 I had a mini bike, I burned my calf on the muffler really bad, went home, mom broke off a branch of aloe vera and rubbed it all over my burn. I don't have a scare. Aloe Vera has been in my first aid kit ever since.