How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

**Reading this entire thread is not necessary. Go to the last page and join the insanity**

Myself and a few regulars had a nice place to shoot the daily breeze but it apparently raised the ire of unknown forces and went the way of the Dodo. So we'll give it a try over here. Whatever strikes your fancy, gets you in the mood or randomly crosses your mind is ok by me. Just keep it light, keep it fun and stay within the rules of TSD.

Personally I'm back at work today after three days off for Thanksgiving. Didn't even gorge myself as much as I thought I would. Now there's lots of leftover turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes and so on. Mmmmmmmm. Me likey leftovers. :p

December's gonna be a busy month for me. Couple guys in my unit are detailed away so myself and another guy will be picking up the load. One thing good about that though is the OT. Shep's gonna make some Xmas cash--woo hoo!

What's up in your neck of the woods?

2. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I took the wife and son Christmas Tree hunting today on the mountain. This is a family tradition of ours and plus I only have to pay $8 for the permit. We got about 3 inches of snow last night and it was beautiful on the Mt. Got stopped by a ranger and he then told us we weren't supposed to cut a tree down in the location we did. I had the instruction/rules sheet with me and I thought that as long as we stayed off private land we were fine. Oops, but at least he didn't fine us he just told us to be on our way.

Ahh, I love this time of year.

3. Will

Will Nevermind

Boozing, :D

Other then that, resting till I go back to work, I have a medical test for the Arizona DOC (see Attention Members in Law Enforcement thread) in Feb and trying to buy a house in Coolidge, AZ. After that I will be putting in for the Pinal County Sheriffs Office Posse (see Pistols thread)

Oh, I will probably go with the Glock 22. :D

As soon as I go back to work I put in for terminal leave (quitin' the Navy) and then look in to joining the Reserves.

As for today, decorated for X-mass inside the house and outside + tree will be coming soon.

4. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

OMG...Turkey!

Well.....The turkey is still going for 4 straight days. We resorted to turkey stew today thank god and the taste was overwhelmed by Rosemary and chicken broth. I have a 4th interview this week with Big Orange so lets pray for the best. I got fired.....yes "released" in September for reasons unknown:confused: Woopty Doo! I have had the best job of my life for the last 6 weeks as a contractor! Damn it is nice not to supervise people:rolleyes:

Whew....enough off my chest! I am glad that I can enjoy the holiday season with my girlfriend, family, and my family here at TSD. Only working 5 days a week as well:) This is going to be a great holiday season:D

Oh...BTW....nice to see you here at TSD Shep;)

5. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Glad to see things are moving along for you Will. I was wondering how your post Navy plan was progressing. Congrats.

6. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Thanks Shawn. Hope the job search works out for you. Kind of stressful anytime but especially during the holidays I imagine. Good stuff, glad things are rolling for you.

7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Glad to see this fire back up here.

The last week has been really busy, but enjoyable. Lots of family events and stuff, and my son was totally overwhelmed. We are paying for it the last couple nights with night terrors. :( I feel really bad.

8. lamontqsanford

Boozing, darn I knew there was something I forgot to do today.

9. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Oh yeah!

Well...my Falcons won and my girlfriends Patriots lost:( Beer is still flowing so life is good! Thank god for the Turkey soup:D

10. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Hey Shep. :D

Good to see you, Tracy. I'll let you know the results of my SCS lathering in this thread.

Nice to see you again, Shawn. Glad you've had a good 6 weeks.

11. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

I need to put up an avatar.

12. lamontqsanford

It took me about 30 minutes to remember how to do it.

13. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Damn it is nice to have ya'll here! :) Feels like a family reunion without all the crazy in laws!

14. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

Is it bad that I already missed everybody? I should probably go post a hi I'm a noob thread

15. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

The colors are going to take a little getting used to. :p

Also, is there a tongue sticking out smiley face?

16. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Hi, Jen. It's nice to see you again. It's not that bad. I think we all missed everyone a little bit.

17. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

Howdy Everyone!!

It was a good rainy day to become part of the couch and watch football all day.
    Giants won (yay), Patriots lost (boo), Jets lost (yay).

18. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

:D Did anybody ever find out what happened?

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Back to work for little ol' me.

I take a couple days off, and y'all make me pay for it. Big time!

I've got a handle on the orders though. Just a bit confused on the Newbies. No longer sure who's new and who ain't.

So, a BIG WELCOME to all the Newbies, and I'll be visiting the intro threads soon for specific welcomes. :signs046

20. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Of course! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.