How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

2. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

that's the first post of his that I remember. Talk about a memorable introduction!

bacon isn't everything. it's the only thing. (overheard over breakfast at St. Vincent Lombardi's home, circa 1959)

Confirms and strengthens my resistance to all smart phones, esp. those without physical buttons. I suppose I'm becoming an analog man just like Joe Walsh.

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

There ought to be an app that would return every unsolicited call, repeatedly. If we all had it, we would jam the lines at the source.

GDCarrington and sol92258 like this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

There's an android app called blacklist (I imagine there's an iApp too) that let's you black list certain numbers so that they won't even ring (other ways of reacting too like hang up on and kick to vm). Works with txt msgs too.

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

yeah, I saw that, but I end up treating it like I do my (not-too long to still exist landline)...if it says either A) unknown name, B) unknown number, or C) a number I don't recognize, I don't answer.
    Although that's less a problem on my cell phone (currently), and if I recognize the area code and/or prefix, I'll usually answer.

And on the unknown name/number thing: do you (rhetorical "you", not you-you) really expect me, or anyone, to believe your phone call is serious or legitimate if you're not proud enough of your name or company to let the callee know who you are?

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. sol92258

Time to introduce the recently joined TATers to the OoC thread.... :)

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

My problem is that there is a Security company out of Oregon 503 code that is excessively proud of advertising their service. They let me know even while changing their numbers to move around my blocking system on my landline.

8. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

Why?

9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

To add more flavor to the mix, or it is another psychological experiment that Jim wants to run using the new members to TSD! :D

sol92258 likes this.
  10. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

I'm not new.

11. Intrigued

Intrigued Active Member

Thanks! :happy088:

Your just testy 'cause you just got OoCed. :D

sol92258 and GDCarrington like this.
  12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

True, that is why you asked the question! You knew it was a trip .. er, uh, trap!

sol92258 likes this.
  13. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

Uhh! Ahh!

Wait, we're to be experimented upon? :confused:

Awesome! :bounce015:

sol92258 likes this.
  14. sol92258

[​IMG]

gollum83 likes this.
  15. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Been trying to find the right balance on my meds... doubled my dose and I've been nausious all week. I'm calling in sick tomorrow and dropping back to the lower dose. I'd rather be a little down than have to deal with this weightless feeling in my stomach. Ugh.

16. sol92258

hate to hear that, bro...hope you can get it right

17. Richmondesi

Richmondesi Active Member

How's my day? Hmmm... so, I woke up sick, and my son was sick too. So, that means we're hanging out today. I'm trying to do a little work, and he's watching TV. Earlier, we went out on a geocache hunt. We didn't find it because it was across the dam from where we went, and I didn't have his mother there to help me get him across (or give her blessing to the crossing is more accurate). I feel like I could have safely made it across, but the water was pretty swift. But, I saved a turtle's life in the process, taught my son how to skip stones, and got some good pictures... Pretty decent day so far.

GDCarrington and sol92258 like this.
  18. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

Blah! - Got a call last night. May be heading to LA for a couple of months then on to DC for more fun (fun= we call it orals which is a euphemism for "inquisition"). I hate LA because I've been there. I hate DC because for me, if I'm there, it aint gonna be fun. Oh well, LA's just gonna be crap but at least I know a couple of good restaurants in DC. :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  19. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Howdy stranger!

sol92258 and GDCarrington like this.
  20. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

the inside of my nose itches...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.