How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

:(

2. richgem

Yes, but you forget how the Limecat posted to the internet via smoke signals back before he could get DSL. And that didn't even slow him down.

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

With all the smoke signal talk, for some reason I feel like watching f-troop.

4. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Argh. Still going through my stuff to decide what's going to be sold and whatnot. Thinking of ditching a large number of my soaps and creams and loading up on various TSD stuff instead - particularly several varieties of ISZ ;)

5. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

woo hoo! fresh sun burn on top of Sunday's sunburn

Excellent!

7. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

pretty good day: resuscitated the ol' home computer, and we got an entire campus imaged in one afternoon (FOG rocks!)

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

So far so good; worked out on the elliptical, watered the Bonsai & put a coat of Linseed oil on a brush handle I am restoring. Off to get a haircut, soon.

9. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

power out across most of the county. Somehow, we still have power. At least it isn't supposed to be another 100+ heat day.

The smoke signals have been upsetting my wife's ashtma and so many parts of the area are now designated no burning due to drought conditions. So I gave up and Galaxy Nexus and LG Spectrum phones were just ordered....

10. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

My Black Berry just died this weekend. My SIL just picked up a Nexus and didn't have much good to say about it. After looking at reviews for phones currently available I think I'm going with one that really surprises me as being a really good deal - an iPhone 4 (8gig) that is selling for $49.99 at Best Buy (with contract of course). I'm not a big app user, just a few basic apps I want to run reliably. So, it's everything I need for less than any of the Android options with good reviews.

11. Neolithium

If my BB 9900 died I would probably cry. Best phone I've ever had, and that's coming from someone who used the iPhone for a long time, and had a temp switch to Android for a bit!

12. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

What is it about the Blackberry that you prefer over an Apple or Android smart phone?

13. Neolithium

Encryption, battery life, and I really love having the physical keyboard now because I deal with so man emails and text messages. My battery lasts about 2x as long as my iPhone 4S did.

14. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

My battery is admittedly pretty awful on my Android phone, and encryption sounds like a good idea as well. My current phone is the first smart phone I've owned without a physical keyboard and I was very wary when I started out. However, since using Swype or Swiftkey on my phone, I can actually type significantly faster and more accurately than I could using a physical keyboard—an impressive feat considering that my typing on a physical keyboard was fast enough to make observers laugh out loud. Did you ever try either of those onscreen solutions? Either way, like a shave den, I'm glad you found something that works great for you. I've been a little sad to see the mighty Blackberry slowly slide into oblivion.

15. Neolithium

Not down and out yet. So many governments use them its not even funny. I'm thinking BBOS10 may be the save the company needs as well, even though us in the military neuter the OS pretty heavily in the name of security LOL.

On a side note...STILL haven't decided on a moustache wax, I've been searching a few English waxes that have very high reviews and are relatively reasonably priced, though Firehouse still seems the cheapest. Argh, back to researching.

16. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

oy... another round of fever and ear aches.. just when we thought it was safe to take daughter swimming again...

17. Neolithium

Hope it gets better soon!

18. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Oh my... johnsonville brats.. mmmmmmmm nom nom.. how odd, I just got this link in a ad from them in my e-mail. We are going to that Ren Faire this weekend.

19. richgem

Oh noes! Swampfox's ear mites have spread to TSD! Run for cover!

(hope she feels better too)

GDCarrington likes this.
  20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Not that again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.