How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

So freakin' tired.... but it's a sunny morn in central Florida, long but should-be-fun day ahead.... at the least, the kids should have a blast

2. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Nbc needs to turn down the stadium noise and crank up the announcers

3. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Lol! So its like the world cup when it was in South Africa?

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Still coughing up a lung and can't talk. Otherwise, I'm just peachy.

5. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

Can't that be a blessing in disguise though? I can't tell you how many I wish the announcers for various sporting events would just stay quiet because they have nothing to add but feel this undying need to talk incessantly.

wlmcad likes this.
  6. gollum83

At least you still have the other lung, no? :p

I do hope you're feeling better though.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  7. richgem

Thanks! Another 4 days of antibiotics, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of improvement. :(

8. KLF

KLF Doctorin

Finally yesterday we moved out and in. The new place is full of boxes. The screen of my tablet got cracked and it's all my fault, can't blame the moving company :(

9. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

4 hours on the phone with mom helping her with her new laptop - my eyes are bleeding and I think I have an aneurysm developing. AND MY BLOODY WAX DIDN'T SHOW UP YET. Canada Post is on my ****list now lol.

wlmcad likes this.
  10. gollum83

Almost got locked out of my apartment this afternoon. Had my keys but the lock froze up. Thankfully the front office hadn't quite closed and I got a hold of maintenance right away.

11. richgem

This seems timely if slightly off color....

Show Spoiler

A guy goes to Canada Post to apply for a job. The interviewer asks him "Are you allergic to anything?"

He says "Yes, just caffeine."

"Have you ever been in the service?" the interviewer asks.

"Yes," he says, "I was in Afghanistan for two years."

The interviewer says "That will give you 5 extra points toward employment here." He then asks, "Are you disabled in any way?"

The guy says, "Yes, an IED exploded near me and blew my testicles clean off."

The interviewer tells the guy: "O.K. In that case, I can hire you right now. Normal hours are from 8am to 4pm. You can start tomorrow at 10am, and plan on starting at 10am every day. Don't worry, we'll still pay you from 8am."

The guy is puzzled and says, "If the hours are from 8am to 4pm, why don't you want me to be here before 10am?"

"This is a government job," the interviewer says. "For the first two hours we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. No point in you coming in for that."

sol92258 and PLANofMAN like this.
  12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Aylo everyone... been busy with appointments, migraines, etc... but got out to a nice walk the last two nights.

Broke one of my aeropresses yesterday. The ring on the plunger broke off when pulling it back out after use. Went ahead and pledged on a kickstarter project for reusable metal filter for the aeropress. http://kck.st/MJbsJ3

Not much else to say... just avoiding the whole going back to work thing in the next few weeks.

13. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Somebody should have mentioned to the replater that dings, dents and divots should be removed prior to plating. I've seen budget golf courses that had less divots, and sometimes you just have to ask yourself, "Is this really worth replating?" Sometimes the answer is no. And sometimes the answer should be no. I know I did get a laugh out of it.:D

wlmcad and Neolithium like this.
  14. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

6 mile walk last night followed by staying up to 3AM playing defense grid. Up at 6:30 and then when daughter got up and had finished breakfast we went on another 6 mile walk. I am exhausted and may have some blisters. Oh well, time to make lunch and then go back to the game.

15. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    [​IMG]

16. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

PLANofMAN likes this.
  17. lradke

Why do financial statements have to be so stupid?! Honestly...I don't know why our software moved stuff around automatically...I can't explain it if there is nothing available to learn what it is?!!

Poke me in the eye! (Figuratively)

18. richgem

Another trip to the clinic today (#3 in 2 weeks) as the bronchitis still hasn't improved. Chest x-rays were clean and the doc is now thinking mycoplasm (atypical bacteria) upper respiratory infection. Which means that I've, unfortunately, been on an ineffective antibiotic for the last 10 days. So, another round of scripts (including what is hopefully the correct antibiotic) and some mucinex and I should be finally on the road to recovery.

19. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

So $96 dollars later I've got my learners permit, another $99 tomorrow for my road test and I'll have my license back. Protip: Never let your provincial license expire. Annoying part is, I can drive any military vehicle, including tanks but I can't drive my Toyota to the store.

wlmcad likes this.
  20. lradke

That's reminded menorah my brother-in-law. He's abtank driver and went years without his licence because he only drove tanks! Mind you he does have his licence now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.