How's your day? December 2014

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 1, 2014.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I woke up to a cat fight outside my bedroom window.

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Searchin' the Interwebz for Cyber deals

[​IMG]

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Visions of Julie Newmar and Michelle Pfeiffer tumbling about in an alley outside your window are now rolling around in my head.

Thank you very much.

I mean that sincerely.

In other news... I ordered the complete Jacque Tati' Criterion Collection on blu-ray from Barnes and Noble for $43 after various discounts this weekend, and it's shipping out today! I'm atwitter with anticipation.

I've also got that board appearance coming up in 7 days, which has me nervous as all heck. I really covet you guys' and gals' prayers for peace and confidence.

4. richgem

good thoughts and prayers headed your way Micah. I know it doesn't make you feel any better but worrying about it isn't going to change anything.

macaronus and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. micah1_8

Yeah, I know. I'm really trying not to. I've just got a lot on my mind lately. We're currently down to 1 vehicle, and Mrs. 1_8 has been cut back to part-time so that means that the van (the one with the worse gas mileage) has been pulling double duty and making twice as many trips daily, when before it was driven maybe once a week or two. More gas, less pay, looking at a new (to us) car, and then having to face the board on top of that. It's also e-rate time, which means I'm having to shuffle bids and handle extra paperwork that makes me nervous, because if you screw it up, it can be very costly. Add to that the fact that right now, I'm not really keen on my profession. Note I didn't say "chosen profession." It's the one I'm in, and I don't see a comfortable way out any time soon. I just feel stuck and overwhelmed. And a little paranoid.

6. richgem

I feel for you. Maybe the better thing to do instead of not worrying, is to not get bogged down by the big picture as it could get overwhelming. Focus on immediate tasks and accomplishing them... the big picture will take care of it self step by step.

wristwatchb, Slow Joe and macaronus like this.
  7. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

I read somewhere else in this forum that a lot of the members really like that Tabac soap, so I just ordered some from Amazon. I had enough points saved up that I got the soap with bowl for free through my Amazon Visa card.

I'm waiting for another Amazon gift card to show up that will have $25 free money on it. I had been thinking about trying a "butterfly" DE razor—probably one of the various Parkers similar to this one...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0067PSOO6/?tag=thshde-20

I can do without those free blades, though.

I might go out and get one of those great Firehouse Subs meatball sub for lunch today.

wristwatchb and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  8. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I haven't tried the Tabac soap, so I can't give you any advice on that, but I have used a Parker butterfly razor. Mine was the 96R. I used it several years and it worked well for me. I have since "graduated" to using vintage razors, however and gave away my Parker recently. You can find a vintage Gillette DE razor with the same TTO (Twist To Open) butterfly feature for a lot less than that Parker costs on sale, however. Just check out what's on eBay!

9. micah1_8

On the other hand, I may have found my next car. If only I could talk the missus into it:

http://texarkana.craigslist.org/cto/4782188452.html

macaronus and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  10. richgem

11. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

Thanks. I have a couple old Gillettes already. I thought about having the best one refurbished, but I could buy three Parkers for that.

That Tabac soap sounds very different, and therefore worth the try.

Radiotube likes this.
  12. micah1_8

While watching the new Star Wars teaser trailer, this was all I could imagine:
    [​IMG]

13. richgem

Luke! I am your ... sister! :eek: :scared011::scared007:

14. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

One thing I noticed about this thread is that it's virtually impossible to go off topic...

Spud and wristwatchb like this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Follow-up appointment this morning with the orthopedic surgeon, checking up on how my wrist is doing some 3-months post-surgery.
    No ill-effects remain, most post-surgery discomfort has diminished—and most importantly, gone are the painful chronic CTS symptoms that plagued me for over a year.
    :happy093:
    One more final appt. in January.

youngunn, Spud, wristwatchb and 5 others like this.
  16. richgem

W00t!

macaronus and HolyRollah like this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Good for you, Kevin!

macaronus and HolyRollah like this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I just finished making a big batch of fresh egg noodles. Gotta love that pasta machine.

Spud and macaronus like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It's a beautiful day here in Hendersonville, NC, and it is finally December. I got to use a new setup for my shave and it was a good one. I went to the dermatologist this afternoon and ended up with two biopsies from my right cheek which took one stitch each. That should make shaving interesting for the next week. It has been a year since I saw him last, so he had a lot of work to do.

20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Oops...it's December 1! I forgot to wish you all a happy Earmuff Day!

macaronus and Mr. Shaverman like this.