How's Your Day? January 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Jan 1, 2017.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

And welcome to a new year!
    May the Lord bless you with peace, prosperity, and plenty.

Becky and I gave up partying in the new year many years ago. Nice waking up refreshed and without the hangover. Don't miss those at all!

Get to preach today. Really psyched about it. I wrote down testimonies that were shared all of last year. I'll be showing how they all line up with scripture and give glory to God, This is That. Think Peter's sermon in Acts 2. Can't wait.

Well, again, God's blessings to all and Happy New Year!

MR41, macaronus, Troy M and 7 others like this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Took the puppy for his first walk of 2017 about 0700. I too do not party on New Year's Eve. Amateur night. Too many Alfa Hotel's running around.

Carbide Mike, Col C and George X like this.
  3. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Great morning. No hangover, but I don't know if I would say refreshed. I could have used more sleep - grin. Family is getting ready for service and I am enjoying a cup of coffee. Great way to start the new year.

Sent using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike likes this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

5. RetLEO-07

"There's a penguin on the telly!"

Carbide Mike likes this.
  6. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

My wife and I are getting ready to head over to the shore for a walk along the beach. It's something we've been doing on New Year's Day for quite some time now. We went to our New Year service last night.

That coffee I brewed earlier sure smells good. I need another cup before we go!

Happy New Year everyone!

7. richgem

:eek:

Carbide Mike and Intrigued like this.
  8. RetLEO-07

Boots.jpg
    I usually don't post twice in the same thread, but Tuesday is back to work and my 5.11's were looking a little shabby. So I decided to shine 'em up. This is what they looked like after 45 mins. First coat was plain Kiwi black polish warmed up by a hair dryer. Second and third coats were Kiwi Parade Gloss applied with wet cotton balls. Finished off with a shine cloth made from a micro fiber towel. Yes, I am OCD when it comes to my boots.

9. richgem

Wow! Do you take in work? I've got some dress shoes to send you. ;)

10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

My wife has been sick for the past few days with a coughing crud. So I've been chasing around our 2 year old almost non-stop. It's been fun as far as time with our son, but I'm ready for everyone to be healthy. Our little boy has been coughing some now, so hopefully he can fight it off. I'm drinking tons of water today and doing my best to avoid it! I have to return to work on Tuesday.

11. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I spent most of last night trying to keep the Schnauzer calm due to local idiots popping their fireworks *in town*. Then up at 0430 and a 12 -hour shift. But, first day of the year, and it's time & a half going into my retirement fund. I really should have left the lemon tree out, though. 60 and sunny...I should be out playing.

Carbide Mike and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  12. RetLEO-07

Funny you should mention that. In the middle of me doing my thing, my youngest came down engaged in some banter and left. Came back 5 minutes later with a pair of Clark's and said, "You do them soo much better than I do Dad. Can you help me out?" Followed by that pathetic look he's used on me since he was 4. So I was done but not done if you get my drift.

Carbide Mike, Intrigued and richgem like this.
  13. RetLEO-07

Wash your hands a lot with soap and hot water, and don't go to your mouth or eyes unless you have.

Carbide Mike and PLAla like this.
  14. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

My hands are basically raw from washing them so much!

Carbide Mike and RetLEO-07 like this.
  15. RetLEO-07

Better raw hands then the coughing crud!

Carbide Mike and PLAla like this.
  16. lightcs1776

I miss the days when my combat boots were black leather. We took pride in them. You did a great job on those.

Sent using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike likes this.
  17. RetLEO-07

Thanks. Big Army has gone to rough side out brown boots and Corfam low quarters. I bust my oldest son's chops about that all the time(XO B/1/5 CAV Black Knights).

Carbide Mike and lightcs1776 like this.
  18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nice! Always liked it when I would shine up my boots to that level - so shiny you could shave off 'em.
    Didn't normally go there - crawlin' 'round airplanes would scuff 'em up pretty quick.

19. lightcs1776

Yep. I have both, having just finished my military career in the Army (both Active and Guard). I never completely got used to having the brown boots or "pajamas" for a uniform.

Sent using Tapatalk

20. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Roger the Alfa Hotels!