How's Your Day? January 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Not a bad day; it's on the warm side. I went to the doctor for a follow-up on my Achilles tendon, which is doing well. The pain is less severe & less frequent, so I would say it is on its way to healing. Later, I will have time for a brief shoot.

2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

The VLC audio player's logo is slippery compatable..:happy088:
    DENcone.png

richgem likes this.
  3. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Extra busy. Meeting at the office, which is the only day I'm in office, then in the field making sure 8.5 miles of cable and fiber are spliced, activated, and done correctly. 10 job site observations, and QC work. Then pick daughter up from school, drop off at dance, cook dinner, then go pick up. Thursdays are always hectic.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

PickledNorthern and Troy M like this.
  4. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

Found out some interesting information on my Grandfather today. My Grandfather died at 65 in 1965. I knew he had been in WWI and had been in battle at Chateau Thierry.

What I did not know was that he was wounded, shot just below the heart, and left for dead by the Americans. His family was even notified that he was KIA. French nurses going through the battlefield looking for wounded, found my Grandfather. They took him to a French Hospital where he spent two months recovering. He was released back to the American forces, who sent him home. His family was never notified he was still alive. They only knew he lived when he walked in the front door when he came home.

67 years old and found this out from my Aunt today. My Grandfather, my Grandmother and my Mom never told me this.

So interesting.

Greg W.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Another day closer! :bounce015:

I don't get it. Driving home last night, overcast, dry roads, people going 35 in 50 mph zone.
    Today, driving into work, 1-1/2 snow last night, roads are wet (but clear) and spraying up grime onto the windshields, idiots who didn't brush off their vehicle blowing snow onto windshields, all the while driving 65 in that same zone. :angry019::angry021::angry032:

6. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I feel you. Had to drive Herself into work in Trenton. Either they were crawling or flying. But it was ever thus here in Jersey. People forget from year to year how to drive in winter conditions. :angry032: How short are you?

PickledNorthern and Troy M like this.
  7. swarden43

No idea. Only God knows. But I know where I'm goin'!

PickledNorthern likes this.
  8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Explanation: the snow doesn't come off unless you drive about 65 mph.:angelic007:

macaronus and Intrigued like this.
  9. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Gosh, you sound hard to please. The average of 35 and 65 is 50 mph in a 50 mph zone. What more could you ask for? :p

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I was in the shower a couple of days ago and my left leg slid out from under me, we have a shower mat but for some reason it wasn't secured.
    A couple of hours later my knee was swollen and very tender, I called my Doctor's office and he recommended RICE. Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation.
    So for the last 36 hours I've been trying to stay off my leg and follow my Doctors orders.
    I was able to get out of bed today with a small amount of discomfort, once again my lovely wife came through like the champion she is.
    Rest and elevation is on the agenda today.
    So very thankful for my wife. So thankful.

Troy M, macaronus, cmorris357 and 3 others like this.
  11. swarden43

Nice!

Erik Redd likes this.
  12. richgem

Day 2 of Isagenix "cleanse" phase and feeling a wee bit peckish. But, I haven't reached "hangry" yet. So, it's a win so far.

Erik Redd and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  13. RetLEO-07

Glad you're on the mend. In the evening I reccomend copious amounts of your favorite adult beverage. For purely medicinal purposes naturally.

macaronus and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  14. RetLEO-07

So since it snowed last night, my lovely bride needed a ride into work in Trenton which is opposite from where I work. When we first met, she slipped and fell in an icy parking lot, shattering her left ankle. Ever since, if it's snowy or icy, yours truly provides door to door service. Luckily I made it to work with 3 minutes to spare. Just one more reason I dislike Old Man Winter.

Troy M likes this.
  15. richgem

Neither is compatible with Nessie:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  16. RetLEO-07

:D

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We were up early today, so we cooked a nice breakfast; scrambled eggs, applewood-smoked bacon & toast. Then we dropped my car off at PepBoys, for a new battery & tires, The car is a 10-year-old Saturn that is in pretty good shape. Saturns can have long lives and I aim to keep this one on the road for a good while yet.

18. RetLEO-07

Ok, besides the fact it was 20 and snowing like a mother...well you know, my lovely bride thought it would be a good idea for me to take my pickup and get some things from her best friend's(they've known each other since 4th grade) storage unit. Only problem was it's an hour away. Today, make that two and a half. I hate people. If you can't drive in the snow, stay HOME. So I went(Yes, dear, no problem dear). Luckily Billy Joel is back on Sirius(Ch. 18)so I had good tunes to listen to while I drove and berated my fellow Jerseyites. After I shove out my driveway I plan on having several glasses of Appleton Estates VX rum. Is it summer yet?

Troy M likes this.
  19. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

I just saw the road for the first time today about a half hour ago. I just sat my (posterior) on the couch and fed the woodstove today.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2017
    RetLEO-07 likes this.
  20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Verry interesting indeed.